Watch This Baby!

Started by Teresa, September 20, 2007, 10:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Makes you think.....................Humans were not designed to live in water?  My thoughts exactly.  Water is for drinking and washing and raising fish so humans can have the fun of catching them.  Water on my body needs to come from a faucet and be clean and controllable.

Janet Harrington

I do not put my face in water and I'm worse then you are, dandymomma, I can't even put my face under the shower faucet.  Just can't do it.  Can't splash my face with water.  I use a washcloth.  That's the only way my face gets washed.

Roma Jean Turner

I like to be on the water, not in the water.....except for a bubble bath.

emptynest

Love the water, love to be in it, under it, on top of it, drinking it, showering in it, listening to it, swimming in it, cooking with it, growing things with it, sliding in it, walking in it, let's see what else?..................

Wilma

managing the swimming pool?

emptynest

uh.....yeah.....that too. Oh and balancing water, (chemistry) , cleaning the water, guarding the water, doing stunts in the water, aerobics in the water.................................

Mom70x7

Have you started the walking on water trials yet?

Or dividing the water, ala Moses?

I'm ready to watch those experiments.

;D    :angel:    ;D

giester2

Quote from: Mom70x7 on September 21, 2007, 10:13:35 PM
So, I'm curious . . . do you think it was good?

Do you have a memory of growing up not being afraid of water?
Did you grow up swimming and wondering why everyone else wasn't?

Would you recommend it to parents of infants and toddlers?

???   ???   ???

After my mom had me do this course, I wasn't around pools very much until I was 8 yrs old.   I remember being terrified of water being over my head.  At water parks I would make my dad get in the pool to prove that water was only three feet deep.

When I turned 8 yrs old, I joined a swim team to learn how to swim (didn't know I was a waterbaby at this time) and ever since I have been like a fish.  I have been Red Cross Certified since I was 10 or 11 (girl scouts).

I would suggest that parents that parents do give some sort of water survival skills to their young ones.  But make sure you keep  them around the water as they grow up so that fear does not set in.
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

Judy Harder

Quote from: emptynest on September 23, 2007, 05:22:37 PM
Love the water, love to be in it, under it, on top of it, drinking it, showering in it, listening to it, swimming in it, cooking with it, growing things with it, sliding in it, walking in it, let's see what else?..................
I agree with this......but, I still can't relax enough to learn how to breathe and I think my fear/panic from my youth and (mother) just
has me so brain-washed that I am just as happy wearing a life vest.

This video has me very glad that I did get my kids to the Red Cross swimming lessons and
really need to forgive my mother for the damage that was done (now, I am not totally sure of this) but as much as I love the water
in all aspects of it......I even enjoyed going after mussel-shells when I worked with a shell gatherer.
So, I don't want to see people tramatized by being dropped into a pool of water...............some aren't suppose to get in there.

I don't like torture of any kind and that is what I think this is....
Hugs and God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Judy, I've aways been part fish and comfortable around water also, but I want to hear about your adventures as a "mussel snatcher." Tell all please, I love mussels.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk