Elk Manor/Crooked Creek Lodge

Started by LisaT, September 19, 2007, 08:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

What a wonderful website Lisa. You did gooood.
I love the way the rooms are fixed up. I am so excited for Everyone that is involved.
( I hope your mother doesn't work herself in the ground on this one)...but knowing Barbara....................................
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ::)

I am anxious to come down and take a tour.
Wonderful wonderful wonderful addition to Elk County.

Kjell just linked the website up to the local links on this website.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Bonnie M.

I just looked through the web-site.  It is really nice!  I'm sure your busines will be VERY successful, and greatly appreciated.
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

I just clicked on the web site.........WONDERFUL ......  It is sure to do well, and will be appreciated from all points of view.  Travelers, visitors, hunters and just those that want to get away and won't have to travel a great distance to do so.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

Loved the site and Lisa, I learned a lot more than just about the lodge.  Knew you were always in the Swinging Bridge when Marvin and I came down to eat, now I know why.  Your parents own it.   :) Never too old to learn something new. ;)
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

L Hendricks

Lisa - best of luck with the lodge - we definitely need more lodging in Elk Co.

Teresa

I just gave Barbara Durbin a massage yesterday and she told me that they are full up with hunters and just as soon as she can get her kitchen done , she will move the restaurant  into the lodge and there the guests will have full access to wonderful food. She is such a hard worker and I am so excited for her and her new venture.

She is staying there all the time while the lodge has guests, and between running back and forth from the lodge to the cafe she owns and operates up town.. the woman is doing a heck of an awesome job!

I can't wait to go down and take the grand tour.

LisaT

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to give you an update. We are all moved and open now and have had several people stay not only hunters. If you missed the open house don't worry you can still get a tour if you want one. We even had 2 guys from Portugal this past weekend. And you will never guess what they were hunting? Rabbits - go figure!
I've had many people ask me about the faux leather treatment in the lounge area and down the hall. That my friends is brown feed sacks. It is a wonderful deal if you have a really uneven or rough wall to cover up. Like brick or paneling or whatever.
The Black Bear room is done and there are already reservations for it for alumni. Sorry. But I will show it too you. In case you don't know about it. It is a full room mural of the outdoors complete with mountain cabin and animals. Go into the bathroom and your under water. I've had some inquiries about doing some rooms at peoples houses. I'm not too sure about that yet but it's possible.
The new monster deer head is in place in the foyer. It's worth a trip to see. 213 points ranks 5th nation wide. Huge huge rack. That was done by Greg Wright taxidermy.
Hope to see you all there. Of course there have been several I have seen already.
LisaT

Teresa

Cool Cool Cool!!  Thanks you Lisa for keeping us updated. Mama got all of us gift certificates to eat and I am ready to come up and enjoy the atmosphere and have some of that good cookin'.

Dale Smith

It would be awesome if you could post some pictures... for those us that are WAY out of town.  :-)

Wilma

Even for some of us not so far out of town.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk