Elk Manor/Crooked Creek Lodge

Started by LisaT, September 19, 2007, 08:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

Any one heard how many rooms will be available?
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

LisaT

I will let everyone know how many rooms will be available just as soon as we get it all figured out. But should anyone like to have a free lunch and help us paint let me know. :-)

Janet Harrington

Oh my gosh.  I might have to come help just for the free lunch.  Let me know a day.

flo

this is great news.  Just as long as the "homey" atmosphere and good food goes to the new cafe.  Yes, rooms in this area are badly needed and it would be a shame to let that building just sit and waste down.  Have to comment that Moline has a pleasant entrance into it's town and that leaves a good impression on people.  Hate driving through "junky" places going into a town because that is the impression I get of the whole town.  Just my opinion, tho, which is worth about 2 cents, right? ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Roma Jean Turner

The last time I was in Moline and had a visit with David Brace, I remember commenting on how good the
town looked.  Very clean and well kept.  David expressed how proud he was of the rating that Moline had and their
commitment to keeping it looking good.  I'd love to see it keep growing and prospering. So many of our ancestors where
so committed to their communities in Elk Co.

Jo McDonald

I am sure that I am going to get a big black mark next to my name for this post,    But ~~  Howard looks sooooo good approaching from the north and soooooooooo bad from the south.  It really cou ld be good from both directions - with just some effort from the land owners.
  Sorry if there are bloody toes from this post --- but truth is truth!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Rudy Taylor

So, somebody help me get the story in this week's Flint Hills Express!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

LisaT

We all worked out there all weekend cleaning things up. You wouldn't believe all the stuff they left. Luckily I have connections with some of the workers that used to work there and they gave some good information on things. We filled up one dumpster already with loads of paper and 3 ring binders. We also gave a bunch of stuff to Howard Twighlight Manor. I believe that there will probably be an auction at some point to get rid of the rest of the items that aren't needed or wanted or won't be used. But that is just a possibilty right now.
Barb is in the process of selling her building up town so there won't be another empty one on mainstreet. Hurray!!! Not that we have very many but there are a couple.
I am interested in anyone that has decorated their home, with the rustic cabin look, for ideas. If your willing to share that is.
;D

Jody

HOW MANY OF YOU ARE AWARE THAT THER IS A STERLING SILVER SWINGING BRIDGE SPOON.   MY mOM HAD ONE.   

LisaT

Just thought I would give you an update as everybody has been asking.
The lodge rooms are ready for hunters or anyone just wanting to rough it a bit. They have a shared bath and just one shower for now. Mark has been working hard on the kitchen and addition which will house the walkin fridge and freezer when we find one.
We have had some hunters already and the construction guys that are putting up the new Moline fire station are staying there.
We hope to be moved by mid December. There are 4 South Hall rooms that will have their own bath & shower. These won't be ready for a while as the cafe has priority. But if you don't mind the one shower you can rent them too. They do have their own bathroom. We do have some rooms already rented for Christmas. So if your needing that you should probably call. There is a website that has a pretty good description of things, that I keep updated.
www.molinecrookedcreek.com
Thank you to everybody that has stopped by and offered their support. It has been a lot of work and I no longer have spare time in my vocabulary. LOL.
I will let everyone know on here when the grand opening is so keep your eyes peeled. Hope to see you soon.
OOps I forgot to tell you that we don't call it Elk Manor or the Nursing home we are trying very hard to change the image so we fondly refer to it as "The Lodge" hehehehehe
LT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk