RUSSELL, Wanda Fae (Arnel) - b. January 7, 1925 - d. September 15, 2007

Started by Janet Harrington, September 16, 2007, 04:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

(Taken from the Independence Daily Reporter, September 17, 2007, page 2)

Wanda Fae Russell, 82, of rural Fredonia, died Friday at the Cherryvale Care Center.

Services will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Timmons Funeral Home with the Rev. Gene Benefiel, pastor of the Buxton Christian Church, officiating.  Burial will be in Fredonia City Cemetery.

The family will receive friends at the funeral home from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.

Memorials are suggested to the Fredonia Regional Health Care Foundation or the Cherryvale Care Center and may be left with the funeral home.

Mrs. Russell was born Jan. 7, 1925 in Fall River to Walter and Margaret (Workman) Arnel.  She was a graduate of Fall River High School and attended Emporia State Teachers College.

Following college she taught in several country schools, including Cove, Antioch, Fairview, Elk Falls and Protection.  She also worked in the office for the Fredonia Telephone Company.

In July of 1950, she married Orlin Russell, and he survives.

Mrs. Russelll was a member of the First United Methodist Church.

Other survivors include a son, Aaron Russell, Fredonia; a daughter, Linda Mayeske, Fredonia; a brother, George Arnel, Fontana, Calif; 11 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
(Taken from the Flint Hills Express, Sept. 19, 2007, page 3)

Wanda Fae Russell, 82, a resident of rural Frednoia, Kan., died Friday, Sept. 14, 2007 at the Cherryvale Care Center in Cherryvale.

She was born Jan. 7, 1925 in Fall River, the daughter of Walter and Margaret (Workman) Arnel.  She was a graduate of Fall River High School and attended Emporia State Teachers College.  Following college she taught in several country schools, including Cove, Antioch, Fairview, Elk Falls and Protection.  She also worked in the office for the Fredonia Telephone Company.

In July of 1950 she married Orlin Russell.  He survives at their home.

She was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Fredonia.  She enjoyed gardening bird watching and caring for her family.

Survivors, in addition to her husband Orlin, include: one son, Arron Russell of Fredonia; one daughter, Linda Mayeske of Fredonia; and one brother, George Arnel of Fontana, Calif.; 11 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Joe Arnel; and one son, Robert "Bob" O. Russell.

Funeral services were held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19., at the Timmons Funeral Home Chapel in Fredonia.  The Rev. Gene Benefiel of the Buxton Christian Church officiated.  Burial took place in the Fredonia City Cemetery.  The family met with friends at the funeral home on Tuesday, Sept. 18, from 6-8 p.m.

Memorials have been established in her name with the Fredonia REgional Health care Foundation and the Cherryvale Care Center and may be sent to the funeral home at, PO Box 168, Fredonia, KS 66736.  Family condolences may be sent to www.timmonsfuneralhome.com.

Teresa

Margaret Workman was my Grandpa's  ( Carl Workman) sister.
Faye Harrod called me today and was telling me so much about my family on that side.
My oh my but that little lady still has most all her memory marbles and she is 92,
'Hope I am that sane when I am that age.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk