Signed Print on eBay of Howard House - $2,450.00

Started by Marcia Moore, September 11, 2007, 06:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

If I had $2,450 extra dollars.. I sure as hell wouldn't buy that ugly thing..
Maybe I ..... no... ..I definitely DON'T know anything about art.. but I do know what is pretty and what is not.. and I would vote that the painting there is a Not..
( of course that is just my simple ignorant of art opinion.)  :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

On this one, I am voting with you, Teresa.  I do not see art in it either.

Roma Jean Turner

For that amount of money I could get a new laptop, new Siruis radio for the car and still take a nice trip.
I leave the collecting to someone else.  I want the toys.

Wilma

The art I appreciate is hanging on my wall, painted by first daughter.  The other art, photos of my kids, grandkids and grt grnds; parents, grandparents and grt grndprnts. 

Teresa

I was just getting ready to say that I have some beautiful art ( in my eyes) of Ashley's colorings and drawings hanging on my fridge.
With her letters written in pink crayon.. "I love U "   :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jody

Remember this is a wood block print.   I wonder who the seller is! 

W. Gray

In response to Roma Jean's comment on Sirius radio.

When that service first came out a few years ago, I thought who would ever pay to listen to the radio?

We received a free one year subscription with our van and I am sold. Only problem is when one pulls into a garage or other structure, the signal is lost.

Nevertheless, we listen to Sirius almost exclusively in town and even CD's cannot beat it for cross country driving.

There are no stations, as such. Everything comes in over channels. Fox TV News comes in over one channel, and on another the Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Gang Busters, The Shadow, and others is on daily. There are several country genre channels as well as pop genre channels. Howard Stern has two channels but I have never liked him.

Sirius has a capacity of 200 channels but maybe only two-thirds are used.

My wife likes to listen to the Korean music station, which I also enjoy. But, when Korean Rap comes on we are both trying to change the channel.

Of course, when the first cable TV in the US started in Bartlesville in 1957, I thought, who would ever pay to watch TV?

Perhaps, we are looking at one day having almost all cars sold with satellite radio.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

patyrn

We just bought a new Honda Accord that had a 3-month free subscription to Satellite Radio.  I thought, "Oh wow, another gadget to deal with", but after only 2 months of using it, I am sold on it.  No commercials and so many choices of categories of stations.  We make the 3 1/2 hour trip to Kansas often, and we WILL continue the subscription.

greatguns

I'm with you Teresa, if that is art I don't need any art.  Not even at $24.50.  Be it wood or canvas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk