Prayer Request

Started by sixdogsmom, September 08, 2007, 02:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I think this topic would be a good category unto itself. Many of us pray for the sick and needy on a daily basis. We all know that prayer works! It would be nice to have a special place to post and/or read prayer requests. Just this morning I received a request for prayers from my e-friend in Tupelo Mississippi. She is a kindergarten level teacher for mentally challenged children. One of her pupils is two years into leukemia. His name is Wesley Wood, and he has been given two months to live. Janet says he is suffering severe pain. We have a great many powerful prayer warriors in Elk county as well as throughout the country. Surely we can take a little time from our jokes and wonderful conversations to pray for comfort for Wesley, his family and his teacher. Thank you and blessings, Edie.
Edie

Janet Harrington

We will offer prayers for Wesley and his family, plus the teachers and the other children that have been in Wesley's life.  Thank you for starting this thread.  We have needed this thread for a long time.

sixdogsmom

Yes, it is important! Prayer works! Thanks!
Edie

emptynest

I also think you have offered a wonderful suggestion for a prayer category.  I will put Wesley in my prayers and offer them to any praying groups that I encounter.  God Bless you for suggesting it.

Diane Amberg

Prayers from me here in the east also.

Rudy Taylor

Ditto.  Straight to the Throne Room.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

sixdogsmom

Thank you all on behalf of Wesley and his loving teacher. You all are good people. :angel: :angel:
Edie

Janet Harrington

New prayer request

Please pray for Bill Watkins.  Bill is the husband of Sharle' Carter Watkins, the Elk County District Court Clerk.  Bill and Shae' used to live south of Moline, but moved to Howard when Bill sold the property that housed his mechanic business.

Bill is having surgery tomorrow to remove a kidney that has a tumor in it.  This tumor is cancer, I believe, but it has been caught early and the doctors believe everything will go fine.  Please keep these two in your prayers.  This surgery will take place at Via-Christi St. Francis in Wichita.

Judy Harder

Learned this morning that Melbe Tindle is going to have part of a foot removed sometime this week.
Had a sore that wouldn't heal and this is the result.

They didn't say which day the surgery will be, but please keep her as well as Joe in your prayers.
If it isn't one thing it is another with them. Good people!!!!.

Thank you for your prayers. I will add to mine the wishes added here.
Hugs and God bless.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Teresa

I didn't know Bill had the tumor.. Thanks for posting that.
I will light a healing green candle and let it burn for him on that day.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk