Can You Hear a Pin Drop?

Started by Wilma, September 01, 2007, 03:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

It has been so quiet on the Forum this afternoon that it started me thinking.  It has been so quiet that you could hear a pin drop--or can you?  Can you hear a pin drop?  I don't think so.  You might hear it land but I doubt that even the keenest of hearing could hear a pin falling.  Kind of like if a tree falls in a forest and there is nobody there to hear it, does it make any sound? 

Diane Amberg

You mean you've never sat really close to a dropping pin, to hear the sound of the pin as it splits the air on the way down? Me neither! ;D ;D ;D

flo

last time I checked in on the forum I thought to myself that if there weren't those word games there wouldn't be any activity at all.  Where is everyone or is everyone on the river camping for the holiday?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

patyrn

College football games start on TV today, as well as hunting season has started.  Many may be traveling or doing Labor Day weekend activities with their friends and family.  It looks like a beautiful weather weekend to welcome the autumn season and enjoy being out and about.  Happy Labor Day to all!!!!  Have a great three-day weekend!!!!

Roma Jean Turner

I'm spending a boring weekend at home and that is just what I want.  I'll still be checking in and out.  I don't think
I've ever seen the Forum this quiet.

Jo McDonald

Hi -- I am at work - the shift I work today is 3 till 9 PM   It has been very busy - lots of families enjoying the fact that the Elk City State Park and boat ramp are open  AT LAST   we opened yesterday and there are many happy people out here.  Plus a lot of people traveling in their RV's and need a nice quiet place to stop for the night.  I LOVE THIS JOB  I am definitely a People Person and this is right up my alley. 
I too thought the forum was taking a much needed nap  lol  but I'm sure it will awaken at the middle of the week and will be going strong again for us all to enjoy.
Have a safe and happy holiday.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Judy Harder

I finally waved the white flag.

I sat my alarm for 5:30 this morning so I could be down at ball park by 7:30. I remember why I hate alarm clocks. LOL.

The first game started at 8 and we have been on time up until the time I left. They (at that time) still had 4 to play with the last one scheduled  for 10.

We have had some great ball playing. We do a coed softball slow pitch game. Has to be an equal number of guys and gals on a team.

Have had a couple of slight injury's, but no one is really hurting. Course, come Monday morning that will change.
Weather has been great. I started with a flannel shirt and a blanket  and until noon, didn't shead them. I can sure feel fall in the air.

Tomorrow I will start the 8 o'clock game and I know I won't last till the last game. That is for 9PM, but I will be there as long as my back and eyes let me.

With the nice holiday weather, I bet people are traveling or involved with sports like I am.
Last hurrah of the summer.
Hugs and God bless,
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

I think I heard the pin land in spite of the noise on the Forum tonight.  I am now ready to call it a day and retire under my new roof.  See you all tomorrow?

Dee Gee

I remember when the teacher in our one room school would make the kids be quiet enough to hear the pin land before we could get out of school for the day.  She would actually drop a pin so we could hear it land, and that was tough when kids from the first grade to the eight grade to be that quiet.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

emptynest

Lots of people out and about today......Traffic on 400 was thick especially with campers and boats.  I went car shopping today (didn't find exactly what I wanted, but oh, well.)  What I want was what I had---without the totally brand new price.  It's hard to start all over again.  Anyway, my dealership has feelers out and something should show up soon.

Judy-- sounds like a blast---that co-ed softball.  And you're right about smelling and feeling fall in the air.  I felt it too.  I am excited for fall-as it is my favorite season. 

I went out to a house that my sister is house sitting for this weekend and have decided I could live there myself--so may go back.  (Does that sound insane or what?)  What a beautiful setting to be out near a pond and rolling hills open to your eyes every morning and every evening.   

My son is here from Overland Park to attend a wedding of one of his classmates.  He and his fiance and my grandson, Noah, (the weiner dog) are here until Monday and I am overjoyed.  Corey has done several projects for me that usually are "man" things, not to mention dickered with the car dealership people.  Tomorrow-church and a big cookout on my new grill.

I am truly feeling blessed.  Blessings to all this holiday weekend.  Be sure to count them and be thankful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk