pushing Aug. or pulling Oct.

Started by Wilma, August 30, 2007, 07:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

It rained last night.  There was supposed to be less humidity today.  So why does it not seem more comfortable?  Am I trying to push August away or trying to pull October in early?

Wilma

It is better now.  The front must have finally come through.  I have windows open, doors open and the air conditioner isn't running.

Rudy Taylor

Come to think of it, August definitely is a month that we want to push into the past,
especially when it gets down to those last few days. September starts the excitement
of fall, football season, etc.  Then October ushers in the season of autumn, and how
fortunate we are to live where nature's colors change us into the most picturesque
place in America.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Judy Harder

I think I had the best sleep last night. Because of the cooling off.

I too, spend my time wishing it were some season that it isn't. I don't usually want winter......at least the nasty cold weather that gives me cabin fever. But, I do like the slowness of that season.

Plus I think most of us spend too much time wanting change that when we get it, we start grumping about something else.
You would think that we would be satisfied with something.

I admit I seem to like to grouch and groan.....but after all that I do enjoy each day that I have been given.
When I wake up, no matter the weather, is a gift from God..........and what I do with it is my own idea.

I had my walk this morning........and even had to grab a light flannel shirt for a arm warmer. Yes, I did take it off after I warmed up.....but it was so pleasant this morning. I do so much better when I am comfortable.

Hugs and God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

We often have a refreshing cool down for a few days in mid August. Then it gets hotter than stink for school to open. By mid Sept. we have cool nights and warm days and Oct. is usually glorious....If the hurricanes stay away. We, too, have the most wonderful fall color changes if the weather and rain cooperates. I can hear the U. of Del. band practicing and their first away foot ball game is tonight with William and Mary in Va. at 7:30 tonight, an odd time. It's kind of comforting to know that no matter how crazy the world gets, those things continue. The sun will rise in the east, I have a winter's worth of tomatoes in the basement, and I just got a call from the fire house that the state fire prevention contest rules and packets have arrived, so next week I'll take the fire company pick up and deliver those to all the schools in our fire service area. Giddyup!

Roma Jean Turner

This should be just a beautiful weekend to be hanging out at home.  I am actually looking forward to puttering in the
yard and doing odd jobs.  No big plans.  Thats good, cause I have to save my energy for the back to back fun weekends at the end of September.  I'll come down for our gathering, drive home, work two or three days and head out to Grove, OK to meet my childhood friends,  (The Ya Ya sister's), then that Friday we will all head to Chanute for our 45th High School reunion.

They asked us if we wanted to ride in the parade, we said we still preferred to run the streets while we can.  Maybe by the next one we'll need the flat bed truck.

Diane Amberg

Did you graduate in 1962?   And you all are having a parade?   What fun.  Did you have a big class?  We were 123 I think. But we didn't have football, our school played soccer.  We never had a school wide homecoming, just the classes themselves every few years.

Roma Jean Turner

Our graduation class was probably about the same as yours.  That weekend in Chanute is called Artist Alley Weekend, (in my day it was the big Fall Festival Parade).  On Saturday Main Street is lined with vendors selling all their stuff, Main Street is closed off and there is a big parade in the morning.  This has become the weekend that all classes having reunions now use.  It makes it so much fun because there will usually be 3 or 4 going on.  We all crash the other reunions if we have friends from that group.  Some years a lot of us close by just go home and see who we might run into on the streets.

My highschool class was very close.  A lot of us went all the way through school together and are still good friends.  I started a website for the Class of 62 on MyFamily.com.  It has been so much fun.  It is not nearly as talkative as this site.  But I have 30 pages of pictures on that site and articles from years ago.  If someone can't scan and put it on, they mail it to me and I put it on the site.  Ex:  A picture from my 11th Birthday party.

The Ya, Ya's are a group of 6 of us.  We have met every year for the past 5 years at someone's house. One of them lives here and we are such great support for each other.  We sometimes all meet in Florida at a friends there.  I call it the 4 day slumber party with margurita's.  We eat out at nice restaurants, try all the deserts and shop.  We have a journal of all our experiences from year to year.  We always have a group picture taken.  We have been pirates and saloon girls.  We always have a charm for our Ya Ya charm bracelets every year and an assortment of fun cheap jewelry. This year we have rented two suites at the old Tioga Hotel right in downtown Chanute, so the Ya Ya's don't even have to worry about parking. It is always a fun time but after 4 days we are all happy to go home.  Ha, ha.

Diane Amberg

That sounds like so much fun. I wish Kennett had done that. Kennett has their mushroom festival every year but no parade like that. We have a reunion committee, (yes, I'm on it) and it's usually just a dinner dance with extra parties at peoples houses. Officially, it's just one evening, but people often come a few days early or stay extra days as they can. I suggested a website too, but no takers yet.

Roma Jean Turner

Kennett where?  Asking because there is a Kennett, MO I believe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk