Howard Topics

Started by W. Gray, August 26, 2007, 09:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

The whistler is a different person from the one having the diesel horn.

My understanding is he walked through town after dark continuously whistling.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

I do not know who that would be.  Does anyone know?

Jo McDonald

Do you expect me to open my big mouth and insert my foot AGAIN?   un huh  --- nope, not me --- been there done that --- need to - for once - keep my big mouth shut !!

Dang -- I hate being wrong - should be used to it by now, but hard to get used to.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

Yeah I do know who the "whistler" was.
Help me out TaTa...
my memory is about gone..

He lived south across the street from Cory Montgomery... and the old house, now empty, sets next to Marty and Joanna.
Dang.. what WAS his name.. I can see him ..but I can't think of his name..
Kinda walked with a small limp.. was on disability.. drove me crazy when he came into the store.. kinda off the wall guy..

dang it!  ahhhmmmm..
Bob... Bob ahhhh Bob something.. I think.

Great! that will drive me crazy until I think of it!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

MarineMom

Quote from: Jo McDonald on August 26, 2007, 05:49:54 PM
Well, I'll be darned ---wrong again   wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  sniff sniff -  >:( >:( >:( >:(
I really an truly thought it was Ted....do I owe him an apology ??? If so -- Ta Ta  will you deliver for me?
  XXXXOOOO to U from me

You aren't the only one who thought it was Ted Winn---Since I moved here I have been told by 3 different people that it was him  ;D

Jo McDonald

Oh smile smile -- is there a SLIGHT chance that I could have been correct ---Oh my heart is beating so fast - 
It really doesn't matter who is was or is -- it is a great way to give your loved ones a "neat Hello" !!

Teresa, I can also see the Bob that you are referring to -- he had brothers here also~~maybe later it will dawn on some one.  Probably not me though.

Marcia Moore

Tim thinks his name was Bob Hinkle.

Jo McDonald

YEAAAAAA FOR TIM 
   That is exactly who it was.  Thanks Marcia --- now I can get on to "trying" to remember other things   lol   

Teresa

Yep.. that is who it was....  :)
whew.. thanks.. I woke up this morning trying to remember and meant to ask Mark, but forgot..  ???

Forget..forgot.. I think that is my middle name anymore.. :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Teresa, does the name Hinkle sound like it?  AND I heard that "train whistle" as I was leaving for church this last sunday morning.  Sorry, Ted, cause I just figured it was you.  It did sound like it was coming from the highway, tho.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk