Rodeo Moline

Started by Ole Granny, August 26, 2007, 07:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

How many members were at the Rodeo this weekend?  How was it?  Anyone take pictures?  Fill us in!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Ole Granny

Hello!!  Did any one go to the Rodeo or did they have it?  Maybe they're still there!
Eskimo Legend

Janet Harrington

They had the Rodeo, ole granny.  We did not go.  I heard on Saturday morning that there was not quite the crowd there on Friday night that they would have had if it had happened on July 3rd and 4th.  I did hear that they did the fireworks Saturday and one was a short fused on that exploded about 8 feet off the ground.  That wasn't fun, but the guys trained to do that said they got through it okay.

Teresa

I wish I had remembered it was on.. I would have gone ..taken Mason & Ashley .
Did they have many entries I wonder?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

When my Dad died in 1970, I inherited his, I believe one share or whatever they called it in the Moline Rodeo.  I believe
that entitled the holder to have a vote.  Anyway, I don't remember the details, David Brace my dad's attorney might. It
seemed like he contacted me and there was some concern over getting that vote back into the area. 
Anyway  I thought, Holy Cow, this little piece of paper certainly seems awfully important to somebody, so I signed it back over
to them.

Teresa

I talked to Marilyn McNee and Peggy Criger and they both  said that the crowd was very disappointing .
That there wasn't any crowd to speak of.
Peg barrel races and she said that they had added a bunch of sand into the dirt on the arena..
and when it rained  it made it slicker than glass. She told me that her mare is so fun to ride and really fast.
And when they go around the barrels, this mare just really digs in when she turns. Well she did and it was so slick that her mare fell and Peggy fell too. She could have been hurt bad, but she came away with a big bruise on her belly and her little fingers joint popped out.
She was the 2nd one to ride and she said that the rest of the girls just eased around the barrels, but a few even still slipped.
Maryiln said that they had quite a few entries, but the people just didn't show up.
Changing the date messed it up but they had no choice this year.

The Demo Derby will be September 15. Mark your calendars..

Ole Granny

Thanks for the update.  The Rodeo was always a special occassion growing up.  I remember watching Kurly Hebb bull ride.  Remember watching him get hurt.  Always seemed to have good stock.  Also, remember Harold Howell clowning.  (It was Harold -right?) He was great.  Pat Howell trick riding was a treat, too.  Believe Lee did some trick-riding too.  Memories.
Eskimo Legend

Teresa

Wow.. I didn't know Lee even rode horses!

Ole Granny

He was very young.  Not sure he liked it as much as Pat and did not continue.  But, yes, he rode.  Come to think of it- maybe their mother did too. Memory help here.  Frank- Myrna---help!
Eskimo Legend

Teresa

Mama and daddy were best friends with Lillian and Harold. I will have her comment on this too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk