Sandstorm in Iraq

Started by kdfrawg, August 21, 2007, 03:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Thanks Bonnie, I know about that long tongue. I was slurped with it.

kdfrawg

I believe that giraffes are one of nature's most elegant structures. I love to watch them move.

:)

Rudy Taylor

But they step on frogs!!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

But they get green stuff on the bottoms of their feet, and it's hard to clean off, so they learn not to do it again.   Did you know that a group of giraffes is called a "tower?" Very descriptive.

kdfrawg

Well, yeah, there's that.

As Kermit says, "It's not easy being green."

And boy, from my four-inch height, you wouldn't believe how tall a giraffe looks!

;D

Bonnie M.

The answer to my e-mail to Dr. Schlegel:

Bonnie,

I do not know the answer to that question.  I have not come across any information like that.

Mike

So much for that!  I just can't imagine seeing a giraffe out in the middle of the desert, competing with a camel!  I, also, think that the giraffe is just the most graceful animal.  I love watching them run.  They can be somewhat ornery, but nothing compares to the temperament of a camel!  They're just plain downright ornery!
Bonnie

Diane Amberg

Thanks Bonnie, I appreciate your efforts. I know camels spit and have terrible "cameltosis," but I can't say I've had much do to with them. I too, love the way giraffes move.

kdfrawg

Yup, giraffes are plumb elegant.

I attended a feast in Pakistan many years ago where the barbecue was a hen inside a lamb inside a sow inside a donkey inside a young camel. They taste better than they smell

Diane Amberg

And I thought a turducken was complicated!

kdfrawg

Nope, that just two little birdies.

I will be eternally grateful, though, that I was not there for the assembly of the main course. It was bad enough to watch it being uncovered in the pit and hoisted out on chains and steel plates that were buried under the carci. First all the dirt and ash was swept off with a broom that had been who knows where. Then they sort of peeled the camel. Then they took it all apart and put it on a table, ready to carve to order. Dinner was buffet style. You had to know somebody to get lamb.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk