Howard on eBay

Started by Joanna, August 20, 2007, 06:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Studebaker has changed to Firestone.

Smith and Goodwin is a giveaway.

Looks like they parked parallel on both sides of the street and crosswise in the middle of the street.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

W. Gray

I may be seeing things, too.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

kdfrawg

Well, if Marcia's photo is of Howard, so is the other one. They share the Firestone Garage, among other things.

kdfrawg

I have taken that picture and turned the contrast up a little. Let's see if it will let me paste that monster in...

Nope, I had to cut the size in half. That may make the contrast thing a waste of time. How did Marcia paste that huge thing in here?

Diane Amberg

Well, now I shall give you my expert opinion ;D. Those two street scenes were taken by the same person from the same place with the same camera, probably one frame right after the other. They are the same photo slightly right or left of each other. The same truck is sitting in front of the garage in both photos, the same street lights are there, and the shadows, what little of them there are, (close to noon) are the same. If one is Howard, then the other is also. But you already knew that by now.

frawin

The Meat Market in this picture was my Dad's meat market.
Frank Winn

kdfrawg

Going once, going twice...

Howard it is!

:)

Jody

Does anyone have an old Howard picture that has THE TOGGERY in it?

Jo McDonald

They would have had to stand on the highest limb of a tree across the street from Hazel Moore's home, Jody, to get a picture of your Dad's Toggery.  Ohh  I loved to go in there and shop for turtle neck sweaters.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Jody, I will look through my pictures, if I find one I will send it to you. Your Dad always gave me lots of his PHILOSOPHICAL views on life.
Frank Winn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk