KILL, Verna Anne (Beaty) - b. November 16, 1910 - d. August 14, 2007

Started by Ole Granny, August 16, 2007, 09:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

(From The Wichita Eagle, August 16, 2007)

Howard - Kill, Verna Anne, 96, died Aug. 14, 2007.  Rosary 9:30 a.m.; funeral mass 10:00 a.m. both Friday, St. Mary's Catholic Church, Moline.  Survivors:  sons, Daniel, Henry, Michael, Charles, Timothy; 15 grandchildren, 16 great grandchildren, 6 great great grandchildren.  Zimmerman Funeral Home in c/o Countryside Funeral Home, Fredonia.

(Taken from the Independence Daily Reporter, August 16, 2007, page 2)

Verna Anne Kill, 96, of Howard, died Tuesday at Sedan City Hospital.

Mass of Christian burial will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Moline with the rosary being recited at 9:30 a.m. Father Sixtus will officiate.

Memorials are suggested to St. Mary's Catholic Church or St. Roberts Catholic Church in Sedan, and donations may be left with Countryside Funeral Home of Fredonia.  Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard is handling the arrangements.

Mrs. Kill as born Nov. 16, 1910 at rural Howard, the daughter of John and Margaret (Patterson) Beaty.  She graduated from Howard High School.

She married William Kill on Apirl 27, 1931 in Moline.  He died in 1982.  She was a homemaker.

She was a member of the Sew-N-Sew Club, Music and Literary Club, Mother's Club and St. Mary's Altar Society.

Mrs. Kill is survived by five sons, Daniel N. Kill, Sedan, Henry E. Kill, Howard, Michael F. Kill, Moline, Charles S. Kill, Lincolnville, and Timothy L. Kill, Pawhuska, Okla.; 15 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Ole Granny, Dan graduated the same year from Moline as I did from howard, did Blackie graduate in your class?
Frank

Ole Granny

Frank,

Henry (Gene or Blackie) was a year ahead of me.  Was there not a younger sister named Kathy?  Believe she lived in Arizona and Verna lived with her for a time.  That was the last I knew.  Kathy was not listed.  Verna was a very smart and strong lady.  She will be missed.

You guys be careful in the storm.  I would love to have a Soft Shelled Crab from Galveston.  If you get a chance have one for me.

Ole Granny
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Alice, in addition to those listed there was Duane the oldest, I think he was killed in a carwreck years ago in Arizona, and Kathy died in the past year or two.
Frank

Ole Granny

Had not heard about Kathy.  I miss lots of news since mother passed.  She always kept me informed.  I remember when Duane died.  He was a sweetheart
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk