Road Addresses

Started by W. Gray, August 07, 2007, 08:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Leonardcrl on August 16, 2007, 01:59:59 PM

Janet:  I wish to add my congratulations to a job well done. 

I can also vouch for the fact that it's success is a very rare event.  You and your colleagues should be honored and recognized. 

Thank you, Carl.  I believe that is the first compliment I have received for that work.  Connie Hey was wonderful and is still keeping the addressing going.  911 addresses are an everyday progress.  I can't imagine having to keep that stuff up in a large populated area.

(Again, I show you, that it IS all about me.  LOL)

emptynest

So why didn't you name a road after yourself?  It was your perfect opportunity!!!  Come on, we could've had a "J-Lane"
or "Harrington Highway" or "Sheriff Court".   Wait!  Ta-Ta Terrace---

kdfrawg

Emptynest, I think we have a winner! "Ta-Ta Terrace" is just perfect.

It's not too late, is it, Janet?

Tell me it's not too late!

;)

Janet Harrington

I sort of kind of did name one after me.  Now, I'm going to tell you what my middle name is, (which I don't like to do), but we named the J road Junebug because Kansas has junebugs and my middle name is June.  Ha ha

Wilma

I wondered how you came up with Junebug.  That is what we used to call your Aunt June.

Marty Hunter

The farm is on Junebug Road.   We wondered at the time what we had done to piss you off, but the name kind of grows on you.   Now if we could just get people to stop stealing the sign.    I bet it has been taken 5 or 6 times, and it is gone now.

Mom70x7

QuoteNow if we could just get people to stop stealing the sign.

I've heard that's a problem with several of the road signs.
Some people do NOT think!  >:(

Janet Harrington

Some people just want the real sheriff's middle name in their house.  Ha Ha

Actually, there probably aren't too many roads in the United States named Junebug, so it makes it kind of unique.

Dee Gee

Microsoft Strees and Trips listed just 35 of Junebug or June Bug streets and avenues or lanes in the United States without the one in Elk County.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Janet Harrington

Cool.  We weren't so different after all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk