FLINT HILLS EXPRESS

Started by flo, August 03, 2007, 09:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Have to brag on Rudy and his crew a little.  I subscribe to both the Flint Hills Express and The Eureka Herald.  I may not renew the Herald subscription, however.  Not only is there news to inform everyone and that is of interest to everyone in the Flint Hills Express, but they also report it as submitted.  I have mentioned that our Johnson Reunion is this Sunday and in gathering things that I don't want to forget, one is the books that hold pictures, sign-in sheets, publications, announcements, and other things of interest for each year.  We are on our second book now.  I submitted the publication to both the Herald and Flint Hills Express because there are relatives in Elk County, but Grandma and Grandpa also lived in Eureka and Piedmont being in Greenwood County, etc. etc. etc. I was checking to make sure I had everything in there pertaining to last year's reunion.   Well, I'm here to tell you that by the time the Herald gets done "editing" it barely resembles what was sent to them.  However, the Flint Hills Express published it exactly the way it was submitted to them, INCLUDING the names of those that attended.  THANK YOU RUDY AND CREW- because these are books that willl be passed down from generation to generation.  I am the second generation to have them now, and when I get too old to carry on the responsibility they will go to the third generation.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

That's a real nice compliment to Rudy Flo..  :) And it was nice that you posted it..

Not to veer too far away from the subject.. but... ahhhhhh...
welll...... I mean... **kicking the dirt with my toe**... ~~swallowing real hard~~
ahhmmmmm.................... :-[

Quote from: flo on August 03, 2007, 09:01:23 AM
and when I get too old to carry on the responsibility they will go to the third generation.

Isn't that time about there yet?

***tee hee hee hee   ***

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I think I'll just go over here and hide behind the sofa for awhile....I expect dishes to be flying any minute.

Teresa

I'll scoot over and make room for you.. LOL LOL
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

>:( being only "37" myself, I feel it should be several years before I pass on the responsibility of hosting this reunion.  ;D ;D ;D

frawin

"37" Flo?????  Did that pizza have something else in it besides meat & cheese?  I promise I won't tell your true age.

flo

Quote from: frawin on August 04, 2007, 07:53:56 AM
"37" Flo?????  Did that pizza have something else in it besides meat & cheese?  I promise I won't tell your true age.

what's this "true age" stuff?  Just because the rest of my classmates were all at least 30 years older than me ain't my fault. ;D and that pizza was just delicious, but just meat and cheese.  Had one slice left which shall be my lunch today. :P

Rudy Taylor

Thanks for the kudos about the Express. I just got back from Longton where the Free Fair Parade was held. I love Elk County parades because you get to see everything twice!

For those of you who live away from here, all entrants in each parade go through the entire downtown the circle the block and make an encore performance.

Sen. Derek Schmidt told me he waves only to the right. That way he will catch everyone, either on the first run or the second one.

Could be he also sees more Republicans on the right, do you suppose?
It truly is "a wonderful life."

W. Gray

One would hope they would not be on the left.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

kdfrawg

Derek Schmidt got put on a National Multiple Sclerosis Society chapter board of directors once, just before I became chair of that board. I never met him, since he never actually appeared, but I saw his name on the minutes once a month, paired with the word "absent." At least now I have seen his picture on the highway opening video and know that he actually exists.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk