drowning death at Fall River

Started by emptynest, July 25, 2007, 09:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emptynest

Speaking of accidents, has anyone heard details from the drowning death at Fall River over the weekend?  Don Adkins was the victim.  I have heard a few sketchy details, but I understand it may have been a suspicious death.

flo

I haven't heard that his death was suspicious - by was told that he had been drinking heavily, as was his custom, and fell in while fishing. This was from a former neighbor in Severy.  Also that he was supposed to meet some relatives there, this from my beauty operator in Severy. Is this classified as gossip?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Janet Harrington

No.  It's probably the truth.  I didn't know this man.  Knew one of his son's.

Teresa

smiling..... ;D

Quote from: flo on July 26, 2007, 01:20:06 PM
I haven't heard that his death was suspicious - by was told that he had been drinking heavily, as was his custom, and fell in while fishing. This was from a former neighbor in Severy.  Also that he was supposed to meet some relatives there, this from my beauty operator in Severy. Is this classified as gossip?

Neighbors.. beauty parlor,  barber shop, coffee shop, coop, street corner....

"They tell me''............. and.. "Well what I heard"...........and.... "So and So told ____ and they told me"....... ;D
Is it gossip?   Probably... but in a small town, we do find out what goes on one way or another and whether we want to know or not sometime.. LOL LOL

Small towns... don't you just love 'em? I'm so used to it, yet I still get a kick out of our "Mayberry type town". :)

(((I forgot to add to the list.. "Elk County Forum" :-X )))
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Rudy Taylor

But "soitenly" not the hometown newspaper!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Teresa

Janet Harrington

Would probably have to have a "come to Jesus meeting" with the editor of the local paper if he printed gossip.

The thing about coffee shops, beauty shops, barber shops, the gas station, the banks, the drugstore, is that there is always news.  Is it gossip?  Only if someone doesn't take the initiative to go and find out what is the truth.  If I hear something that I just don't believe it is ture, I just go and ask someone that I know will know the truth.  That could even be the source itself.

Teresa

Quote from: Janet Harrington on August 03, 2007, 07:26:12 PM
  If I hear something that I just don't believe it is ture, I just go and ask someone that I know will know the truth. 

ture?
I would hope that what I hear is 'ture'...
Cause if it wasn't 'ture'.. it would be 'un-ture'.
  :angel:

Janet Harrington

Why you be so mean?  Why you mean to your Ta Ta?  Why?

Teresa

HA HA HA HA HA!!
I don't know why I be so mean to you...

((memory~~"Why you bite?? Why you bite you sistoe""))

LOL that was so funny.....  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk