Lila's Cafe in Piedmont

Started by Rudy Taylor, July 31, 2007, 06:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

I don't know where to post this, but I promised a report on the little cafe in Piedmont.

Hey, folks, Lila's Cafe is "the" place to get a great burger and hand-cut fries. It was my first visit to Piedmont --- it looks like most small communities in Kansas that once had a nice school, business district and residences, most of which are gone.

I think the saddest thing in America is the demise of small towns. And when I say small, I'm talking Piedmont size.

Darn it, I wish these little bergs could bounce back. But in the meantime, there's a wonderful little hamburger awaiting you at Lila's in Piedmont. Thanks for the recommendation, Sally!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

We've got Jakes on the edge of town. Same kind of thing, good quality beef, ground there, never frozen, hand pattied. Hand cut fries and real milkshakes, tops!

greatguns

Lila is open Monday thru Wednesday 7:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. and back from 5"00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.  Thursday thru Saturday 7:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M.  Thursday evening she has mexican food.  My very favorite is Tuesday and Saturday lunches.  She has fried chicken those two days and after some 40 years she has it truely perfected. :P :P :P :P :P ;)

dandymomma

OMG!!!! Thursday is STILL Taco Night?

The last time I was there for dinner I was only 9!!!!

I got my hair cut just before hand at the beauty shop just down the street from the cafe.

Roma Jean Turner

Where is Piedmont from Howard or Moline, I don't believe I have heard of it before.  If there is a good burger and hand cut fries to be had, I need to know.  Ha, ha. :laugh:

flo

Roma, go north from Howard to Hwy 400 and hang a left.  Go about 10 miles and hang a left into Piedmont.  It sits about a mile south of Hwy 400.  I am hosting the Johnson Reunion in Piedmont this coming Sunday.  That's the reunion from my Grandparents down.  There is another Johnson Reunion that Grandad and 7 of his cousins started 73 yrs. ago and it's still going, but it's one of those that no one knows anyone, so we started this one while Grandma was still alive.  Only two of her 5 children are still living.  Since they spent most of their married life in Piedmont (out on farms, not in town) that is where we have the get-together, there in the community building. Piedmont is where most of us "younger" generation remember Grandma and Grandpa.  There have been a lot of changes in Piedmont since I first went to visit Grandma and Grandpa.  Lots of businesses and lots of activity, but alas, it has gone the way of the small town.  But, you know, the little ones at the reunion aren't apt to be kidnapped, run over by a car should they get out in the street, or hit by a stray bullet in a drive by shooting.  Something to be said for small towns.  Rudy, I'm glad you took my suggestion and made the trip to Lila's.  I told you "down home cookin" was what you'd get.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

greatguns

thought I'd spend a little time here this evening, but have decided to go to Lila's.  Be back later.  See there are lots of advantages to living in Piedmont. ;D ;D ;D

flo

I was in Lila's this morning - gave her a check for our use of the community building for the Johnson reunion and picked up a key - chitty-chatted a minute and I was on my way.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

We stop at Lila's and eat there whenever we are in the area and another plus is there is always a good parking spot close. The food is always great and you always run into someone that you know.
Frank

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk