Polls that make no difference to anyone .

Started by Teresa, July 30, 2007, 12:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was the last book you read..

Sci-fi
3 (10%)
Horror
3 (10%)
Mystery
7 (23.3%)
Nonfiction
11 (36.7%)
A manual
2 (6.7%)
Romance
3 (10%)
Online book
0 (0%)
Don't read
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: August 03, 2007, 12:05:05 AM

Teresa

We hear all the time about how much money is spent by companies taking polls.
Generally , when the polls are taken.. no once gives a flying hoot what the answers are..
But they are still kinda fun to see the results, even if they are dumb subjects.

So, this one of those polls.  ;D ;D

* You only have 4 days to vote.. and you can only vote once. *
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I like the Tony Hillerman books. They are an easy read, good mysteries and I've learned a good bit about Navajo culture.

kdfrawg

Diane Amberg

Al is like that. He reads the phone book!!

MarineMom

My children get upset with me 'cos I never throw a book away keep it and read it again (and again) I too have been known too read the phone book if nothing else is handy :-[

Teresa

I actually go in and touch and hold my books...even when I don;t have time to read.
I love them and a special treat is when Kjell and I take off and have an hour or 3 to kill ,
so we spend it in a book store ...
We love it!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

I knew there was something I liked about these people.  Teresa, that is the way I feel about books.  Next to the Forum, they are the best friends I have.  Right now I am in Ireland trying to find a jewel thief that is taunting me.  I have been everywhere and if I am bored I have a lot of good friends in the not read yet bookcase and old friends in the east bedroom.  I consider myself a happy person.

Diane Amberg

I enjoyed the Secret life of Bees and The Lovely Bones too. We have an interesting little shop next door to our butcher. It's called the Bookateria. They have walls and walls of used paperbacks. You can start an account with them, drop off some paperbacks and " buy" a bunch more for a few cents on the dollar. They are kept in wonderful order by author and subject. You can pick a subject, like historical novels, and read everything the author ever wrote and then take them back when you are done. That's how I got to read the Tony Hillerman books for very little money. Mystery and Sci-fi. the same way.  We use the library too, of course. All books will keep you a happy person.

kdfrawg

As my diminishing financial stature would dictate, I am buying and keeping fewer books. Ten years ago, I had roughly 5,000 hard-cover books and read 3-5 books a week. All of those books were in bookcases. I now have about 800. The library and friends have gotten a LOT of books.

:)

Diane Amberg

Mom read a lot and Daddy too, but he was more into nonfiction. He lived with us for 3 yrs. after Mom died, and I was able to find him a lot of large print books, which we donated to the Newark library upon his death. They have a whole room dedicated to large print books.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk