Forum Member Get-together

Started by Rudy Taylor, July 27, 2007, 05:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

CrumCowgirlMama

I would love to help out! I love planning and organizing and blah blah...you know...And with summer drawing to an end, things will be slowing down for us. I'm all in!

flo

Rudy, our idea has grown and grown and grown.  Teresa, just my two cents worth, now worth a penny, but why don't you take charge of this thing and pick a few to help and assign their jobs and that way there won't be all chiefs and no indians.  I say you because, after all, you and Kjell started this forum so it's your fault we all want to get together.  :angel:  And I think just a saturday visit at the park would be just wonderful. Again, just my two cents worth.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Joanna

I second the motion.  All in favor?   

(I know it's not my place to call a vote ~ I'm always butting in, that's me! ;D)

Buddyboy

I think the Saturday afternoon with an early supper/late lunch would be good. I also think it would be good to introduce ourselves. Other than that, I rather imagine we will not be at a loss for conversation.......This sounds really cool.

Wilma

I will volunteer to take care of the sign-in and name tags.  That way I get to see who everybody is without trying to read their tags.

flo

should add that you already know I will help in any way I can EXCEPT I WILL NOT BRING THE BISCUITS. ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Janet Harrington

I will do whatever needs to be done.  Ms. T, just order me around like you always do. ;D

Teresa

Actually it was just today that I thought I  would get an"outline' kinda.. and get this ball rollin'.

~~~just some things that need to be done and decided on..

*date
*time
*place.. the west park

Everyone bring some thing to eat to share with everyone there.. ( covered dish or dishes) ..
Now should everyone bring a meat and something else? Or just leave it up to them if and how much they want to bring? Just randomly ?
Or do we want to have everyone list what ever they are bringing so there are not 10 desserts,
5 pans of scalloped potatoes and nothing else... :-\

Personally I like the idea of  having a place where everyone can post what they are bringing.. so we can have lots of different things..( I luuuvvee to eat)   

We will send out invitations ( by e-mail) for this get together and I think that it would be nice to kind of have an RSVP, so we can know how many we can plan on.
( Although with everyone bringing stuff, I guess it doesn't  matter. how many we have.. but I think it would be nice)

We locals can furnish the ice and tea and water. If you want beer or anything else... you have to bring your own cooler with your beverage.

Have everyone bring their lawn chairs and table service...

Anything else?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I have two big water coolers that I can make tea in one and put water and ice in the other.

I will fix a couple of big roasts to bring.

Teresa

Well I thought I would make some pies and of course fry some 'yard bird'.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk