How Does Your Garden Grow?

Started by Diane Amberg, July 27, 2007, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

Well, the both of you look just real spiffy.

Those shoots have absolutely got to be fun.

:)

Dee Gee

Our garden is almost done for this but still have some tomatoes and peppers.  The watermelons and mushmelons was good but they didn't do as good as last year.  Finished digging the sweet potates today, one of them was baby giant that should make a good sized sweet tater pie.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Teresa

Holy Sniikeys!!  :o
Is that a sweet potato? or..............or...............................

something that's mutated from outer space...
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Wow, that is one beautiful sweet potato!  I wish I had room to grow those.  Next year I might send a cantaloupe up over the wood pile, but I don't know if the squirrels will leave them alone.  I've always said I'd like to try to grow potatoes in a stack of tires, but I'd have to hide them somehow.  I'm not sure the civic assoc. will allow it.  My cukes are done and the squashes and beans are too.  The whole neighborhood enjoyed them.  I still have lots of toms and peppers and my herbs and mint, mostly in big pots, are going strong.  The impatience and salvia still look good and my night blooming cerus had another bloom and scented the whole yard.  There are a few asters and chrysanthemums that are starting to bloom.  I never did much with a fall garden because I've always been so busy this time of year.  We are very, very dry now.  Newark had to dip into it's new reservoir for the first time last week.  Most of our water comes from deep wells and White Clay Creek.  But the creek is really low now.

Jo McDonald

I am so glad that DeeGee  put this post of their sweet patatoes -They drove out to the Camp Ground yesterday and showed these Monsters ( lol ) to us and never in all of my many years have I ever seen any sweet taters that big. 
They gave me one --- but since Fred is not a fan of this wonderful veggie -- I accepted a smaller one - and in the stores - it too would have been labeled as large.
  Yummy --- that is my opinoin !!  Then as I posted on another thread -- the watermelon is ohhhhhh soooooooo goood !!!
and Mrs. Dee Gee gave me a jar of her home canned cinnammon pickle slices...I used to can them every year, but have not had any for quite some time, so that was a wonderful gift - and she makes and sells the cutest little tote bags -sewing bags -  litter bag -- whatever you care to use them for -- and hang on here  YEP  She GAVE me one of those too.  Like I said --- VERY NICE SHARING FOLKS !!  Thanks again, you two.  Earlier in the season we were the recipients of watermelon and cantalope and squash.
  Dang -- it doesn't get much better than this !!! :laugh:
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

Diane, are your chrysanthemums later than usual this year?  Mine are just tiny buds yet and I am thinking that they won't bloom until freeze time.  I think the late freeze set them back and the surplus of water didn't help any.

Diane Amberg

Yes, my mums are late for here.  I'm not sure why.  We had a late spring, but had enough water until late August and have had nothing since.  I don't usually have to water that bed, but I may have to go out and water soon as there is no rain in the long range forcast... but no hurricanes or tropical storms around here either.  It's a trade off.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Jo McDonald on September 29, 2007, 10:38:04 AM
I am so glad that DeeGee  put this post of their sweet patatoes -They drove out to the Camp Ground yesterday and showed these Monsters ( lol ) to us and never in all of my many years have I ever seen any sweet taters that big. 
They gave me one --- but since Fred is not a fan of this wonderful veggie -- I accepted a smaller one - and in the stores - it too would have been labeled as large.
  Yummy --- that is my opinoin !!  Then as I posted on another thread -- the watermelon is ohhhhhh soooooooo goood !!!
and Mrs. Dee Gee gave me a jar of her home canned cinnammon pickle slices...I used to can them every year, but have not had any for quite some time, so that was a wonderful gift - and she makes and sells the cutest little tote bags -sewing bags -  litter bag -- whatever you care to use them for -- and hang on here  YEP  She GAVE me one of those too.  Like I said --- VERY NICE SHARING FOLKS !!  Thanks again, you two.  Earlier in the season we were the recipients of watermelon and cantalope and squash.
  Dang -- it doesn't get much better than this !!! :laugh:
Well, aren't you just the spoiled one?    :angel:

Dee Gee

Quote from: Janet Harrington on September 30, 2007, 04:01:08 PM
Well, aren't you just the spoiled one?    :angel:

If you would happen to stop by you might get spoiled some also.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Janet Harrington

Dee Gee,  I just have to tell you that I love Jo McDonald almost as much as I love my momma.  I got to see her today (her spoiled self).  She is still and always will be one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the chance to know.  That's why I can call her "spoiled" and get away with it.  Thanks for the offer of getting spoiled to, but everyone will tell you that I already am.  ha ha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk