How'd they do that?

Started by flo, July 24, 2007, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

I have been to Kermit many times, Flintauqua. It's sort of nice being in a town named for you, even if you're the only one that knows. And I like to collect souvenirs there. I even have a football jersey with a hornet on it.

Did you know that Kermit was about halfway between Wink and Notrees?

frawin

Kermit if you have been to Wink, Kermit, Notrees, Goldsmith and that area you no doubt remember how bad the water is. I have lived in West Texas for 27+ years and I have spent time in all of those areas including Loving County, Orla, Mentone, etc and the water is so bad I don't know how the people stand to drink it. By the way there are a lot more than 67 people in Loving County, they are just not US Citizens and are not counted in the census.

kdfrawg

I consulted for Levi Strauss when they had factories all over Texas, then I lived in Austin for a year. I've been down there a fair amount. I don't particularly remember the water being bad in West Texas, but that may be because I've also spent time in New Mexico and the desert Southwest. I do remember part of those places where they sold bottled water in the motel offices, and there was a reason for that.

;)

ps - Do you remember a steakhouse out there somewhere where they claimed to have the biggest baked potatoes in the world? I remember the place but I don't remember where it was. Abilene, maybe, or Odessa?

pps - I had coffee today with a retired KU engineering professor who is from Marfa. He's selling some land...

Diane Amberg

How about this?  What celebrity once said, while being interviewed, "I feel strongly that visual arts are of vast importance." "Of course, I could be prejudiced." "I am a visual art."

kdfrawg

Ahem.

I believe that was Kermit the Frog.

;D

Diane Amberg

Bingo! You win a nice new blender.

Rudy Taylor

Watch where you step! 

Darn frawg.

There he is ... on the wall!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

I have more often been described as "off the wall."

;)

Rudy Taylor

You frogs don't cause warts, do you?  Naw, that's something else.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Did we ever determine what kind of frog "Frawg" is? You know, kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genius, species and all that? All we know is that he is green and well educated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk