How'd they do that?

Started by flo, July 24, 2007, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

Hurry, Hurry, Please come right away!

Me too!  Flo's post reminded me of an internet story ~ I'd consider it a joke,but have a couple friends that I could see doing this...
A city gal moved to the country and one day went in to the road & bridge department and asked them to move the deer crossing sign near her house.  She said that too many deer were getting hit by cars when they used that crossing.

Diane Amberg

See, Frawg, critters DO read signs. Put 'em up near the river.

kdfrawg

Some signs are just weird. Like out by the airport, you see "Terminal Baggage." Who wants the doomed baggage? They must collect it out there.

;D

Rudy Taylor

Uh, yes, this Dr. Bombay. Have I had any calls?
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

Wait a minute, fella, you're the wizard! You're supposed to already know if you've had any calls!

flo

This is the honest to gosh truth.  Marvin and I were leaving Yellowstone Park one morning and had to stop at a clearly marked crosswalk, because it was being used BY AN ELK ! I took a picture, but because I was facing the sun, it didn't turn out.  Now, you suppose he read the crosswalk sign before he crossed?  AND Joanna, bet you left out that the gal was "blonde" didn't you???  ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

I don't think this sign was for the elk...

flo

;D been there too, frawg - think that was in Utah, but there was nothing for more than 22 miles
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Actually Diane, Howard's drinking water does not come from the River, it comes from the Howard (Polk Daniels Lake), and no river runs into the Howard lake and there are no sewage plants in the drainage area to the lake. Prior to the 1930s Howard did get their drinking water from the River in fact it was from the same River that runs into the Elk City Lake that Jodi was talking about. The Howard lake is the result of CCC or WPA programs. In my opinion the water supplied to rural areas is cleaner than the water supplied to the major metropolitan areas.
Frank

kdfrawg

A lot of Wyoming is that way, too, Flo. Nothing just seems to go on forever.

I think that you're right about the water, Frank. The water in Lawrence is pretty good, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about where it has been. On the other hand, though, the water in San Francisco is incredibly good. It comes from the Hetch-Hetchy Reservoir and is almost all melt-water.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk