Cute and Clever Pets

Started by Wilma, July 22, 2007, 08:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Sackett

We used to have a purebred Beagle.  From what we had read about them and from personal experience, stubborness is one of their traits.  Our little beagle loved to trail, as she constantly always had her nose to the ground.
Honorary Member of the Old Man's 4-H Club: Hernia, Hiccups, Hemorrhoids, and Heartburn!

Roma Jean Turner

I only saw the clip where they announced uno winning and he was immediately baying and looking up at his handler.  It looked like he was saying.."Did I win, did I really win?  His own little acceptance speech.  One of my favorite movies is "Cats & Dogs"  The little beagle is that movie is just precious.

sixdogsmom

We watched the Westminster Dog Show, and believe you me, there was just no doubt that Uno was a winner from the get go! He marched in that show ring, and let those folks in New York know that he was large and in charge! He just took ownership of the place! I had heard how well he showed in his breed classification, so was watching closely when it came time for him to show in his class. I think there are clips available for viewing on the Westminster web site.

Our neighbor years ago had a pair of beagles that he got for rabbit hunting. He just could not keep those two inside the yard. So he hit on the idea of chaining them together, and that worked for a while. One day I looked out my back window, and there they were, climbing the fence in tandem. It looked so funny, they looked like circus performers. Those two were always into something!
Edie

Wilma

Talking about beagles reminds of when my grandson was little and he came home one day with several beagle puppies.  His reason was that he didn't have any money to get his dad a birthday present and these puppies were free.  They had those beagles for years along with his dad's coyote hunting hounds.

Ole Granny

I've had that trick played on me several times over the years with both dogs and cats.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Teresa

This is so cool.................

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

Great story.  i have often thought about that scripture, (don't have time to look it up now), about the lion and lamb laying down together.  I believe it is in Revelation.  Anyway, how neat it will be when all animals and people are at peace with each other.  It would be so neat to be able to just walk up to a lion and pet it with no hesitation on either side.

Teresa

"Someday" ... you will be able to..  :angel:
I swear, if I could take my whole family with me at one time, I would be soooo ready to just leave this crazy assed world and go home.  How cool it will be to be able to "know" everything and create anything and just have life so dang perfect..
Ahhh -wellll...
Can't go yet.... I need to stick around so I can create more havoc.. LOL LOL  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

I bet there is another Elk Co., just on the other side of the veil.

Wilma

It has been some time since I have shared Bud with you.  I am in the midst of preparing cemetery decorations and Bud is somewhat beside himself trying to figure out what to do about it.  I think he finally solved the problem.  

The first picture was supposed to be the second picture, but I messed up getting them on here.  You might have to look close to see him in the second picture as his gray blends into shadows really good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk