NEW QUESTION

Started by Wilma, July 22, 2007, 07:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertlilydarla

maybe frawg has a small hole under the birdbath that he hides in...and waits for the little birds to drop a wiggle thing for him to eat.   :P
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Diane Amberg

Wilma, you may already have your wiggler question answered, but if not, I think you may be thinking of the mosquito control rings that have Bt Israelenis in them. You may have seen them in Gardener's Supply. 1 ring treats 100 feet of water for 30 days. They are 6 for 12.95. Safe around birds.

kdfrawg

Wow, I have something in common with Bt Israelenis! I'm safe around birds, too. Well, at least until the birds get bigger. I'm not safe at all around hawks, for example. And eagles? Well, I don't stand a chance around eagles!

Oh, sorry, I digress.

;D

desertlilydarla

Diane is that 100 feet of water or 100 gallons of water for 30 days?
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Diane Amberg

Hey, Frawg, I have one birdbath on a pedestal and several large clay flowerpot saucers sunk in the ground for our "Lower Creatures." You would feel right at home.l

Diane Amberg

DLD, I think that's 100 surface ft., not gallons. They are used for ponds too. I'll check when I get a minute.

kdfrawg

LOL! "Lower creature," huh? I'm going to get an inferiority complex. I guess I'm just going to have to get a ladder...

Wilma

Maybe I will plant a climbing bush at the base of mine.  "Climbing" as in Frawgie climbing it.

Diane Amberg

Ok, I'm back. Yes, each ring controls 100 square feet of surface area, doesn't matter how deep, since they float on top. The little rings are 2 and 3/4 inches in diameter and about 3/4 inch thick.  

kdfrawg

Why, Wilma, that would be very nice of you! I was thinking about that ladder, and then I thought, "Where the heck is a frawg going to keep a ladder?" I wonder if they make lily pad garages?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk