Display Name Change

Started by kdfrawg, July 20, 2007, 10:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertlilydarla

Kermit, it's ok to sleep.   frogs like to sleep in a deep dark hole, but we do like it when you come out to play.  I really enjoy reading all of your post....  I to sleep a lot, and I'm not even a frog.  I have the cousin to narcolipsy, which is idiopathic hypersomnia, unknown cause of hyper sleeping along with sleep apnea and  RLS.... So while you all were posting this evening I took a 4 hour nap. Some days I don't get much done.   And then there are days I can stay awake for about 36 hours.   My husband  doesn't understand my sleeping pattern and neither do I.  So he tease's me and till's me he is going to trade me in for a newer model.

But then there is Ms's T, who stays up till wee hours of the morning working. And then up early the next day baking pie's , cleaning, taking video's and watching Mason or posting...... She is like the energized bunny.  I wish I had her get up and go.
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

kdfrawg

Many years ago I had a lengthy opportunity to see what my sleep habits were. I didn't have any client meetings for almost 120 days and my computers were doing most of my work. So I decided to stay awake when I wanted and to sleep when I wanted. After a couple of weeks, it started to normalize a little. I found that, on the average, I stayed up about 30 hours, then slept about six, making my ideal day a 36-hour day.

I mentioned all this to my friend Floyd, then a reporter. He thought about it a bit. Then he answered, "What you need to do, frawg, is search around for a planet with a 36-hour rotation period. Then you'll know what planet you came from. Man, you're weird. You want to have lunch?"

;D

Diane Amberg

DLD, do you use a C-PAP? Al has to because of his Post Polio Syndrome.

kdfrawg

Nope. I don't even snore much. MS pretty much affects random things, depending which which random nerve sheathing tissue it decides to munch on. So far, it has not yet munched on anything to do with my breathing. I understand that when and if it does, I'll need more than a C-PAP.

desertlilydarla

Diane, I do use a C-Pap machine, but most of the time I get allergies and have to take it off.  It's so dry here I use a humidifer that hooks to my machine.  And with my RLS (Restless Leg Syndome) my legs jump like a frog all night long. No punn intented kermit. ;)  And that affects my sleeping.   I now take mirapex that the doctors use for Parkinsons.  It has worked wonders for my legs and arms.  RLS also affects my arms and right eye.  Sometimes it looks like I'am having a epileptic seisure.
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Janet Harrington

My husband has a C-PAP with humidifier he wears every night.  We even have a fan blow on him, (besides the ceiling fan), because the mask is so hot.

He has RA and he has RLS.  He also takes Mirapex for his RLS, but he has to take 2 pills every night to keep the legs from dancing around.  Sometimes he tries to take just one to keep costs down, but no cigar.  He has to have two and that's all there is to it.

Even though Jim has RA pretty bad, he is a working fool.  He will come home from working for the city mowing and I'll have to take his socks off because his back hurts so bad.  His hands will be swollen from holding onto the lawn mower all day.  He spends time in the oil field doing roustabout work for the owner and that takes about 2 hours of his day.  However; it is not an every day job.

When Jimmy wakes up in the mornings, he groans and moans and is stiff.  Takes him a little bit to get going.  I'm glad that he is working because I think if he was to just stop, everything would get worse.

MarineMom

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 22, 2007, 07:02:03 PM
When Jimmy wakes up in the mornings, he groans and moans and is stiff.  Takes him a little bit to get going.  I'm glad that he is working because I think if he was to just stop, everything would get worse.

I wish I could still work  ??? my RA actually improved a little when I had to quit working I started getting more rest and some of my symptoms (especially the fatigue) lessened but I still can only go an hour or two before everything starts to shut down  >:(

kdfrawg

That sounds pretty familiar, MarineMom. I would give almost anything to be able to go back to work, too. I feel even more like a useless member of society than I probably should, even for me. I was raised by a father raised in the depression, so I have always been a hard worker. This disability thing hit me a lot harder mentally than it did physically. I just detest it.

:(

Rudy Taylor

I can't fathom being confined to my house, or to a wheelchair or bed. Any of you who are experiencing such inconveniences get my respect, honor --- and prayers.

Only yesterday, I chatted offline with Kermit and learned so much about him. Kermit, you bring such sunshine to so many every day, did you know that? Your words are invariably calming to the people of Elk County and your wit brings a smile to everyone who is fortunate enough to read your daily posts.

I just figured ol' Kermit was a lifelong resident of Elk County, probably living in Howard or Moline. Then he tells me he has never been to Elk County and that he lives in Lawrence, a victim of that dastardly devil, MS.  Whoaa! Could it be that his new friend of mine spends every hour of every day in pain? Is it possible that in his restricted environment, Kermit still finds time to uplift others, even those he has never met --- and may never meet?

At the age of 61, my greatest inhibitor is Type 2 Diabetes, although it hasn't greatly changed my life. But as I ponder my future and the probability that I will suffer various plagues of this little monster disease, I am bolstered by the strength of folks like Michael Jones (Kermit). During tough times, I will recall his words that once flowed across my computer screen, predictably kind, sometimes funny, often uplifting and always thoughtful.

So, there, Mr. Kermit the frog. You have made my "Top Ten List of People Who Make Me Feel Better When I Feel Like Giving Up!"

Thanks, for being you.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

Well, Rudy, I don't know what to say. I am for once at a loss for words.

I think I'll just say "Thank you" and then be very quiet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk