SNAKE STORY

Started by Sherri, July 20, 2007, 06:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

thank you, but I'll stick to bar bait and traps if I have unwanted varmits.  We did, however, have a bull snake that lived in our double garage/shop in Severy and we never had a mouse problem. We seen his shedded skin regularly and I was always on the lookout - never did see him, goody goody.  Kevin, since Louise's daughter Debbie and her husband now own Toot's, I bet she does bake the pies.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Jo McDonald

I swear, Sherri, I laughed out loud -- had to wipe my laughing tears before I could finish your Snake Tale.
hahahahahahahahahahahahha   ohhhhhh myyyy gosh ..How funny!!!
Glad you were the victor --but you will still have mice for Brody to bark at, since you chopped up your "mouse getter"  
Oh   I need to get a drink of water -- I am worn out from laughing.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

I'm with Uncle Guy. We try to leave nonpoisonous snakes alone to keep the rodents down. There are a few rocky areas that have Copperheads and they are usually cleaned out to protect the kids. We don't have rattlesnakes, but next door Maryland does. I guess when the rattlers slither to the state line they see the state sign, know they aren't welcome and turn back. We "baby sat" a copperhead for awhile once. A dumb idiot tried to grab a copperhead behind it's head, but it turned and bit him soundly between the thumb and first finger. He managed to get it into a paper bag (sack?) and took it ,alive, to the local ER. They put in the refrigerator to calm it down, and gave the man the anti - venom. Meanwhile, one of our ambulance crews came in. They threaded the chilly snake into the top of a cleaned out, clear, one gallon alcohol jug, took it back to the firehouse and locked it in the ambulance closet. Enter Diane, who needs to restock the ambulance. I picked up said bottle and looked eye to eye with this rather large copperhead. I'm not real spooky, but I wondered just what was going on. A man from the U.of Del. soon came to collect the snake, that was then weighed, measured ,a blood sample was taken and it was transported to some remote area of PA to be released. They never did kill it. The dumb bitee eventually lost most of his thumb and first finger to the venom. Snake 1 , man 0

Teresa

Ohhhhh Sister!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could just see you!  My gosh, my jaw hurts from laughing at you!.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

don't ya just love "visual" stories  ;D ;D ;D
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Janet Harrington

Sherri:  I just laughed my ass off.  That was funny.  And I bet it seemed like it was in slow motion.

Kevin:  Those are Fudge Monkey's not Chunky Monkey's.  And, yes, Louise Chrisman makes all the pies.

Jo McDonald

Maybe it was or is a "Chunky Fudge Monkey"   Right after I would eat one, then I was a chunky fudge monkey !!!    hahahahahahahaha   This forum has given me soooooo many laughs today   Laughing is good for the soul, or so I have always been told.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Jo McDonald on July 21, 2007, 01:17:50 PM
Laughing is good for the soul, or so I have always been told.

Jo,

If laughing is good for the soul, then your entire life has been full of laughter.  ha ha

Diane Amberg

I want to hear more about that home made ice cream.

Teresa

Sister and I made awesome ice cream...
Mama taught us... so I guess she does too.  ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk