Name That Baby

Started by dandymomma, July 13, 2007, 08:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clewis

These are all such great suggestions. I was just thinking of the name Jaren yesterday. My husband and I couldn't agree on our daughters name for the longest time, then finally he found Corbyn and it was an instant hit. I really appreciate all of you helping with this, we are still so undecided. We have until November 15th, so we have some time. Thanks again and please continue to post any names anyone can think of. I am even look at maybe using an A. J. as intitials just to open up the ideas for some other names. Take care.

Diane Amberg

My friend, who goes by "AJ," is Andrew Jonathan. 

Wilma

We started out with the initial J for our 1st one, then my mother suggested we stay with J for the 2nd one.  So then we kept it for the 3rd one also, but when the 4th one came along we couldn't find a J we liked.  We were still undecided when she was born.  My husband asked the big sisters what we should name her and they said Teresa.  By the time he got it to me it had become Patricia so Patricia Jane she became.  Later I found out that there were 2 cousins Patricia Jane, his cousins.  Not the same last name, tho.  So we have a JJ, a JL, a JJ and a PJ.

flo

Wilma, I know for a fact you have a JA
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

She has pretty much dropped the A now.  Most people call her just Jimmie.  You just never heard the L, J and the other J. and I think they were all out of Severy schools when you went to work there.

desertlilydarla

Here are a few more I've come up with.
For J,s
Jackson, Jacobe, Jacabson, Jadon, Joel, Jonathen. Joshua, Jullian , Justice, Jaylee, Jay, Jaye, Jefferey, Jesse, Justin, Jeramiah, Jeramy, Jeremay, Jerome, Jake, Jarry, Jerry,  Jasper, Jax, Jamison, Jamime, Jaiden, Jadon, Jerald

And for the middle name C
Crane, Crawford, Cramer, Carleton, Carl, Carey, Casper, Camron, Camren, Campbell Calvert,Carsen , Carson, Carter, Cash, Carrington, Corwin , Conrad., Conner, Coltin, Colt. Colton, Collin, Colin,   Codi, Cody, Codie, Coby,Clifton, Clifford, Clancey, Clayton, Cooper, Chet, Cryus, Chane, Curtis means (courteous) and last is Cullen means (Handsom)

Sorry, I got a little carried away with names.
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

kdfrawg

Or you could just make one up. As annoying as I personally find it, there are a lot of folks that apparently draw a Scrabble hand and arrange the letters so you can almost pronounce them, then settle on that. Maybe toss in some odd punctuation, just for grins. Like, say, J'floom Cyw-quet. There ya go. J'floom Cyw-quet.

;D

desertlilydarla

My mother made up my sisters name, she was hoping for a boy to name him Arlin,but instead she had a girl. So she kept the Ar from Arlin and added lana,  so she was named Arlana.
is ever wasted.

Diane Amberg

PUL-E-E-E-SE! As a teacher who used to have to learn to pronounce and spell all those names, that break all the rules and ruin phonics....please don't. "Put together" names can be very pretty, I have a Doneen in the family. She would have been Donald, after her father, had she been a boy. But have a heart.

desertlilydarla

I really enjoy new names.  All of the old names had to be learned on how to be pronounce and spelled, just like today, one time or anohter.  That's what makes learning phonics fun......
Everyone would tell my parents that your daughters name is so beautiful, and then ask where did you find her name.  Of course she would tell them.. Her full name was Arlana Jo Arnel, who later passed away at the age of 17.  So when I had my first daughter I named her after my sister, but my daughters full name is Arlana Marie Walters .  And now there are lots of Arlana's  out there.  So people do have a heart, combined names is what makes each person so unique, unparalleled from each other.   Her name has been pronounced  Arlona instead of Arlaaaana/ Arlana.   Later my mother did finaly have a boy named Arlin, our only brother out of 7 kids.
is ever wasted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk