vernon weakley

Started by richardgibbs, July 10, 2007, 07:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardgibbs

hi:  could someone give me an update on vernon weakley?    he was a friend of mine way back there when we were much younger and in the school business.  richard gibbs

Jody

This is one of the members of the forums    grandfather. [[ The one who takes pictures}   Maybe someone could notify her, so she could reply to this friend of her grandfathers.

Janet Harrington

Vernon and Carol Weakley live on South Pennsylvania Street, Howard, right across the street from the swimming pool.  Vernon had a stroke a few years ago, but gets along pretty well.  He doesn't drive anymore.  Carol does all the driving.  They go to church at Moline United Methodist Church.  Sometimes I see Vernon walking Pennsylvania Street with his little terrier dog.  I can't remember the dog's name.  Except for the stroke, Vernon and Carol seem to be doing fine.  I'm sure they would love to hear from you.  Here is their address:  520 S. Pennsylvania, Howard, Kansas 67349.

emptynest

Mr. Gibbs----I can't bring myself to call you Richard, because in school I knew you as Mr. Gibbs.  I was in Donald's class.  Anyway, Carol Weakley comes to swimmercize at the pool almost every evening and Vernon walks past the pool almost, but not quite, once a day.  His movement is somewhat limited and speech comes hard for him, but you can still see that little twinkle in his eye that shows there is still some oneriness in there.  He and his wife are good care-takers of their part of town and support as many local events as they can.  Their oldest son, Kelly, married my youngest sister, Amy, that later ended in divorce, but Carol and Vernon gained 3 granddaughters through that union.  To my knowledge, their son Lonnie, also has a son, who is about 26.   I will say something to Carol tomorrow evening to let her know you were inquiring about Vernon.

CrumCowgirlMama

Vernon is indeed, my grandfather. It seems as if everyone else has given you his information, which is what's great about this forum. Grandpa walks everyday with his terrier dog, Lizzie. I don't know how he can walk that far but he's out there in the snow or the heat. His speech is somewhat limited due to his stroke. But he does just fine, and we can understand what he's saying. I'm sure they would love to hear from you as well. If you would like their telephone number I'd be more than happy to give it to you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk