WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS!!!

Started by Teresa, July 04, 2007, 09:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

Hi, Sally and welcome!

You won't believe this, but I've never been to Piedmont. I've driven by it on the highway a million times but since you don't have a wooden water tower I've never stopped (ha).  So, I'll do that soon, OK?  Post often. This place will remind you of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest."
It truly is "a wonderful life."

flo

Quote from: Rudy Taylor on July 21, 2007, 07:18:13 AM
This place will remind you of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest."

and some decided to stay awhile and chat on the forum and became cuckoos themselves.  ;D ;D

Rudy if you get to Piedmont, be sure it's at lunchtime and eat at Lila's.  That is if you like just plain homecooked food and plenty of it on your plate.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

My goodness, Flo, Lila's sounds like someplace that I would like to stop off. I suppose I should make a list...

Teresa

Lila has gooood hamburgers. She makes the patty's herself, like you do at home and they are big and juicy.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

Yum. Maybe I could write a travel book: Eating Your Way Through Elk County.

Even if it never sold, it would be fun, and I could write off the trip.

;D

Jo McDonald

You would need to write off the trip - because you would need extra cash to buy new britches and shirts --- That food they are talking about it lip smackin' good!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

desertlilydarla

I hear most of the people from Kansas are real sweet people.  You seem to eat more sugar then the people in the southwest.   That's my opinion!!
I can send frawg all my receipts for my baking goods and he can use them as a write off, .....saying he is try out the recipes that he collect along the way.
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

kdfrawg

Jo, you're probably right. Anyway, that write-off thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. It pretty much only works if you already have a lot of money. When you're primarily broke, like a certain frawgie we all know, then there's not anything to write off from!

;D

Wilma

Frawgie, you might have to change the name of your book.  Piedmont and Lila's is in Greenwood County, but just barely.  We Elk Countians consider Piedmont a sister, anyway.

kdfrawg

Hmmm. How about Eating Your Way Around and Through Elk County ? I think the "around" will let me get by with Piedmont. Besides, as Jo says, by the time I've done all the research, I'll be "around" frawg.

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk