FIRE AT ZIMMERMAN FUNERAL HOME!!

Started by Janet Harrington, June 30, 2007, 04:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emptynest

I can't seem to say enough prayers throughout the last 20 hours.  Lloyd Zimmerman is in my prayers constantly--sometimes without ceasing.  So many of us, as Teresa said earlier, shared our very intimate and broken souls with Lloyd Zimmerman in our greatest hours of need and he became a rock for many a family.  The funeral home being gone may be a big hole in our community and county, but at this point, not having Lloyd Zimmerman around would be a deep valley.  I pray that God touches a healing hand to his physical body, his soul and his spirit. And that He brings comfort to all his loved ones, and to our community of family.

Sherri

I agree with everyone in Howard....Lloyd is so much in my prayers...I do believe there is not a more compassionate man.  He always knows what to say to a family when they are grieving...his quiet gentle manner is amazing.  I pray that he will be okay and that God will touch healing hands on his body. 
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

LShortt

I just talked to Charlie and will leave the details for him to fill in here later when he has time.  Lloyd had back surgery today and it went well.  Charlie sounded good and very positive.  Whewww...one hurdle down!

Janet Harrington

Praise the Lord!  I can't wait to see Charlie's post.  We will get word passed around as quickly as we can.  See what the power of prayer will do.

gtrlibra

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers! I'm glad that I have an avenue to provide everyone with info about Dad. Thank you for this avenue.

He had surgery today to mend the fracture in his L2 vertebra. This went very well and the doctors are  positive about it. He is communicating very well considering his situation. I've let him know that everyone is thinking of him and his response was with tears. So i want you all to know how faith, true love, friendship, care, and "small town living" speak louder than words. Thank you, our family is blessed to have your thoughts and prayers.

He will be in ICU for awhile, not sure how long. He is breathing better but they are monitoring him. He is not on a respirator and was never on a respirator. The c-pap machine just helps him breath deeper.. he is doing the work. His left arm is broken and bothering him a lot. He has numerous broken ribs. He has a small fracture in his pelvis. His hands are cut pretty back and most of his injuries are on his left side. He has full range of motion and is fully aware of what happened. When the power went out, he went to bed. "Crackling" woke him up. He got up and opened the door to see what it was and the smoke poured in. He broke out the window and jumped as this was his only option.

We know that there is a world of people out there praying for him. Thank you! We also know that there is also and understandably a concern about the funeral home. Please know that it will be rebuilt and the phone number is being answered. Please limit calls to the funeral home line to business-related matters. We will be in touch soon with any additional contact info pertaining to personal contact. He is currently only allowed 2 family members at a time. A big thank you again for all of your faith, hope, and love from the entire family, most importantly my Dad.

Teresa

Thank you Charlie ..so much .. for sharing with us what is going on.
It is good to know that your dad is going to be ok.

And I am glad we have this forum meeting place too.
It sure helps to answer the questions out there ..with the truth..

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

This is from an email we received from Florida:

Date: 07/02/07 06:21:28
Subject: Zimmerman Fire

Hi,

I don't know where to write but I wanted to post a note on your web
site. I live in Florida but my parents were Delbert and Loretta
Riggs, my Grandmother was Mae Riggs. My name is Anettia Nephew.  Mr
Zimmerman has take care of several of my family members.   I just
want him and his family to know that we are thinking about them all
and they are in out thoughts and prayers. I don't know how to post a
note, so if you could let me know I would appreciate it.  Thank you
and God Bless.
Anettia

flo

Quote from: Teresa on July 01, 2007, 10:47:07 PM
Thank you Charlie ..so much .. for sharing with us what is going on.
It is good to know that your dad is going to be ok.

And I am glad we have this forum meeting place too.
It sure helps to answer the questions out there ..with the truth..

You have no idea how many "stories" I have been told and I am able to say, just a minute, this is straight from his son Charlie - and then I can tell them exactly Lloyd's injuries and his present condition -
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

okiemon

Dad was putting these up in Elk Falls and Longton.

Teresa

Jane Vinett ask me to post a couple pics on here of the fire since her flash player wasn't working..
so I will do that.
I am sorry , but my note to do it got scooched to the end of the bottom ,
and I just found it as I was shutting down for the night..
sooo I started back up and here is 2 of the pics..

Sorry Jane that it took me so long.. :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk