Toots Giesy

Started by Ole Granny, June 29, 2007, 10:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

Many of you may remember Mary "Toots" Giesy.  This is a website with a picture of Toots.  She is #44.  Through the site there are three pictures of her.     

http://www.madonnamanorcda.org/

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Roma Jean Turner

Does this 'TOOTs'  have to do with the Drive In by that name in Howard?

Ole Granny

Yes, Mary "Toots" Giesy and husband, Jack, named it "Toots".  She is the original "Toots".  I remember the Butter Pecan Sundaes more than anything.  Think I just gained 5 pounds thinking about it.  They had two daughters, Leann and Sharon and one son, Larry.  Mary taught school but cannot remember what Jack did.  They lived in Molilne.  Mary was a sister to Jim "Bud" Hogan and Maureen Baer.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

giester2

I am the grand daughter of Toots Giesy.  Jack Giesy (John L. Giesy,  aka Papa Jack) worked in the oil fields.  They did build Toot's Drive Inn. 

In 2005, I had the privilege of going there with my new husband and stepson.  The stepson got a real kick out of it.

Can't wait to get back there!
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

ddurbin

Guess I'll jump in here and let you know that 'Mrs. Giesy' was my 1st grade teacher at Moline.  At that time and age, Mrs. Giesy was all I ever knew her as.  I'm sure she was Toots to the adults, but certainly not to us children in her classes.  Wish I could relate lots of stories from that time, but unfortunately my rememberations don't go back that far very much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk