High water

Started by okiemon, June 29, 2007, 08:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Why don't you two just sort of hide in the bushes and ride this thing out????  Surely Paris and her cohorts will take up the slack and you two can just go on beig you lovable - happy go lucky -- unsung singers and it will all pass......What do you say ??? Is it worth a try???  I remember one time -- that Emptynest and my youngest daughter got the uncontrolable giggles at a function at eh Howard Grade School auditorium -- and I really thought they might end up as "Noted - something or others"  but that faded away as well.  Soooooooo  hang tight girls -- you will make it quietly into the shadows and enjoy yourselves without the press getting word of it.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

emptynest

Jo, your younger daughter and I got the giggles several times throughout our school days---to the point of "out of control."  Such memories.

Janet---as far as checking at work tomorrow for an agent......are we talking orange uniform and ankle cuffs or possibly putting our talent and career on hold until the year 2037 when they are released?

I mean, since some of them know your age and want to come home with you anyway......we might be able to work something out.

Teresa

Quote from: flo on July 01, 2007, 05:39:15 PM
well, spent some time touring the "high water" district yesterday afternoon and took some pic. but unfortunately have not figured out how to post them here. 
They are not a lot different than what everyone else has, however.
I do have a pic. of Teresa's firewood piled in the middle of what used to be a road (think it was from Cookson's farm, anyhow).  Sure a lot of water out there, and the overflow from Schofield's watershed, and all the other little creeks and tributaries that are now torrent rivers -
Marvin gave me the grand tour and the sky over Howard from out on the hill was awesome. 
Got a pic of that too.

Flo sent me the pics... and here they are.. They are good ones and the sky one is really what it looked like!!
I'll do 3 here and 3 more in next post!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Last 3 of Flo's pics. Remember to click on the picture to make them bigger  :D

Thanks flo for sharing them.

Janet Harrington

I always wondered what the inside of a county road looked like.  Now I know.  What a terrible thing.

Just think about what Wilson County, Montgomery County, and all those other counties are going through.

Dee Gee

Someone lost their winter fire wood and now will be cold this winter.
I believe the road needs some repairs before it is usable.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

flo

that road washout was on Rd 12 just a few yards south of Oxen.  If you look close on the left side, between some fence posts, there is a white spot - that is the culvert that washed out.  The fire wood is on, I think, Quail.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Teresa.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

flo

Quote from: emptynest on July 01, 2007, 08:53:38 PM
Janet,
I am thinking that maybe we should go ahead and get an agent.  It seems we might be getting some publicity and we definitely don't need things to get out of hand--where we're concerned, because we both are out of hand as it is.  What'd'ya think?
I'm still looking for a job, just how much of a percentage are you willing to give and severence pay in case you don't get famous??????
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

desertlilydarla

Teresa, I thought that fire wood came from your place?
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Teresa

Well it probably did~!!! :-\
as our huge wood pile is floating everywhere~
but the county boys cleaned out and cut lots of the trees down that was in the ditches, and they left the wood laying in piles.. so it might be part of that too..
We have stuff all over the place at the "farm".
Out sh.................errrrr......ahhhh... outhouse ... is floating somewhere at the top of the farm..
( a place that we swore would NEVER flood) still in 6 ft of water!  :o
It will be a while before it is "camp-able "

( I am going to work on a video .. IF I can find about 5 hours that isn't slotted for something else)
sighhhh   :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk