movies??

Started by cal007, June 26, 2007, 10:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

Yup, kfclark said the list was a little out of date. Although it may have said that on there, as I recall.

Scratch Coffeeville.

;D

flo

can't scratch Coffeyville - my arms ain't that long
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

Hands probably aren't that big either, flo. Coffeyville would take a lot of scratching.

;D

emptynest

All I know is that the Starlite Drive-in is very cool.  My late husband and I used to go there in our super cab pickup and pack lawn chairs, a grill and and we just had a blast----it was like an all night date because with a triple feature, the movies wouldn't get over until the wee hours of the morning---so we even learned to take an air matress and turn the truck around backwards.  Such fun!  And then, before traveling back to Howard, we had breakfast at IHOP.  Such great memories --- and  a few stories that would make you laugh your head off.  Still puts a smile on my face, just thinking about it.  And the audio for the movie comes not from the speakers that you hook to your car window, but from a radio station that you tune in when you arrive on their grounds. Just too cool........for some summer time fun.

kdfrawg

Yeah, it's gotten so they're sort of like big block parties. If you buy just right, a love seat will exactly fit across a pickup bed, and with a grill you're totally good to go. It is, just as emptynest says, an all-night date. I know it worked when I was a teenager; no reason it shouldn't work now.

;D

Rhonda

There's still a drive-in at Gas (just East of Iola) they only are open on the weekends.  Ususally a double feature.  Mainly PG movies.

Teresa

I love drive in movies.
We used to go  ...pop our own popcorn.. or take a bucket of fried chicken...

Is the one in Wichita safe?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk