movies??

Started by cal007, June 26, 2007, 10:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cal007

Hello everone,

I just wanted to ask if there are drive in movies in ks?

Wilma

There is one at McArthur and S. Hydraulic in Wichita.  That is the only one I know of.

kdfrawg

And there is one still open just across the state line in Missouri, very near the Kansas City Zoo.

;D

kfclark

http://www.driveinmovie.com/KS.htm

This site is a few years old, but has some good information.
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

kdfrawg

Whoa, good job, kfclark! That's a great site. I don't know where cal007 is, but one of those has to be at least fairly close!

Jody

WHEN TALKING ABOUT  KANSAS MOVIE STARS, DON'T FORGET MY FORMER FIRST GRADE STUDENT.   ANNETTE BENING  SHE WAS BORNIN TOPEKA AND MOVED TO WICHITA AT THE AGE  OF ONE  AND LIVED THERE UNTIL SHE FINISHED THE FIRST GRADE.

emptynest

I have been to the Starlite Drive-in that is located in Wichita (Wilma gave the address).  It has 2 screens and during the summer shows triple features.  It's a blast!  There is also one in El Dorado, I believe, across from the college campus and there used to be one in Coffeyville, but I don't know anything about it.   

kdfrawg

The addresses and all the other information for all of those, including Coffeyville and El Dorado, are shown on the page that kfclark posted the link to.

Dee Gee

The one in Coffeyville has been torn down and they built the new school on the ground about four years ago.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

flo

I could be all wet, but isn't the ElDorado drive-in the Starlite and the one in Wichita the Meadowlark? BUT don't quote me---------------- got out my wichita phone book - it is "Landmark Starlite Drive-in"---------sorry bout that, should have gotten the book out first.  ElDorado is Star-Vu---- :-[ :-[ :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk