Good Nite All

Started by flo, June 25, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Thot we needed an end of the day one also.  Today has been a good one and tonite skipped swimmercize again to watch the granddaughter play ball.  Tournament on right now.  They won Thurs. nite 17-4 and was afraid they might loose tonite, were down 10-7 going into the last inning, but made a come back and won 13-10.  Fun to watch these young girls play and they do get very serious about it.  Courtney and Megan Oldham play on the Severy team and they play all their games in Eureka, so a ways to go to watch them, but worth it.  Time to put these bones to bed.  Nite all and aoyp
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Sherri

Well, I am calling it a day....but for once we had a little bit of good news.  The city council voted and it was 3 to 2 to pass an ordinance to allow restructuring on buildings that were not damaged more than 50%...well...you guessed it our building was damaged 45% and the mayor is furious...he questioned our insurance, our contractors and everything to say that our building did not fall in that catagory, but so far the ordinance is suppose to be in the paper this week and we can start remodeling by Friday or Monday and we should be back in our building by October 1...yippee....the other thing that they said was to hold our breathes because they knew that the mayor would do anything he could to veto this for us...but we will see....but at least now there is hope....Had disaster training all day after the special meeting this morning and my brain and body are worn out....Hope you all had a good day....Night night.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

kdfrawg

What did you folks do to make the mayor so cranky, Sherri? Is he treating everybody like this, or just the people in your office? And, as long as I'm asking questions that are none of my business, is this the mayor that had to quit being mayor because the stress was too much?

Roma Jean Turner

Good Nite to All of You!  As grandma always said.....Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs
bite.  Just another quiet beautiful day in the Ozarks here.  Come home from the office, ride the bike, work out, play with the dogs and thank God for a peaceful day.

Sherri

Quote from: kdfrawg on June 26, 2007, 06:56:29 PM
What did you folks do to make the mayor so cranky, Sherri? Is he treating everybody like this, or just the people in your office? And, as long as I'm asking questions that are none of my business, is this the mayor that had to quit being mayor because the stress was too much?

He is being this way to most everyone....not sure what is up with him but I think it is called thinking that he has a lot of power....Also, no he is not the one that quit....he was really good but the stress was just to much for him...he tried to build a house in the outskirts of Greensburg and the city would not let him tap into the water for his cement pour so he said fine, bought a lot in Pratt and is building a home there...so that is the way things are rolling right now...It is really sad too because everyday more and more people are moving on out of the town that could be a good town to live in but there is to many people in the kitchen right now....FEMA is one of the problems among the Mayor and outsiders that are trying to dictate to much... :-\
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

kdfrawg

In the end, I wonder if it will be the tornado or the relief efforts that wind up being the destroyer of Greensburg?

>:(

flo

good point, kdfrawg, my money is on the bureaucrats -

kdfrawg

I'm afraid I have to bet with flo. The tornado knocked it down but if the government keeps standing on it it's never going to be able to get back up.

flo

time to call it a day - at least get off the computer - no ballgame tonite - rescheduled for tomorrow nite - we'll see......... Hope everyone has had a very delightful day, that all your problems were very minor, and that it ended with a smile on your face.  Nite all and aoyp  :angel:

Teresa

Well.... I qam so tired that I can hardly wiggle.
Kjell and I got the video made and up and running on deadline. :)
But I left the office last night at 3:30 in the morning and he came in this morning at 8:00.
So there was little sleep for me and zip for him.
I got up early and had Mason all day .. did Halloways Mercantile work.. Marshal's Marketing work, did 5 loads of laundry and made chicken and noodles for supper...and just now am finishing up our personal bills etc..
I am on my last leg.. so I will check the other threads in here ..post a bit and then I am off to bed.

G'night everyone.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk