Good Nite All

Started by flo, June 25, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

In a half of a heartbeat I would take you both in..
( You both might drive me to drink.. but I would take you in non the less.. )
cause I luuuuuuvvvvv ya...  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

I think you are safe --- for a month or two anyway.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

Well, 5 days and close to 1900 bison later, I'm home!  As always it was a fun week down at the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve.  They have such good people who work for them, and we always have a good time.  Yesterday morning we set a new record; 353 head.  We started at 7:30 am and ended about 11:50 am.  That put us done with the adults.  They are doing the rest of the calves this morning; probably about 300 of them.  Over all 5 days, we averaged about 49 seconds per head.  That was running them into the chute, scanning the EID tag, getting a weight, deciding if they were keepers or sellers, giving a vaccine to the keepers, putting a metal tag in the ears of the sellers, and then sending them down the alley.  They have such excellent, SAFE facilities that it's very easy on the animals and the people.  Unfortunately, since I was running the computer the whole time (and I realized I forgot my camera) I didn't get pictures this year.  These are from last year when I was there.  There was a professional photographer there this year, though, and she's going to put a website together, so I'll let you know that website when I get the information.

Yes, I enjoy a buffalo burger every once in a while, too!  I haven't tried them at Poplar, but I like going to Ted's Montana Grill and having them.  They have every kind of hamburger you can imagine... and a lot of the names for the burgers are named after Ted's ranches (they're all my customers, too).  I haven't ventured far from the burgers, but I've heard the meatloaf at Ted's is very good, too.  I also have got some buffalo and beef hotdogs from a place in Colorado that are amazing!  They almost taste like a polish sausage.

Janet Harrington

Wow, Tobina.  You have a very interesting job.  Were you able to take any pictures of the herd in the pasture?  I would like to see some of those, if you did.

Wilma

Hey, she just said she forgot her camera?  You think she can just blink her eyes and get what you want? ;D ;D ;D :angel: 

Tobina+1

I do have some of these pictures from last year.  I'll have to dig a little deeper to see if I can find any others (I spent 2 weeks in Nebraska on bison ranches last year, too).  Notice they close-up on the head... see the yellow EID tag in the animal's left ear?  That's how we can tell who he is and what his info is.

Wilma

Those are good pictures, Tobina.  We were in the Black Hills one year when the herds were being moved out to summer pasture.  That is a sight to see.

Rudy Taylor

Buffalo Tobina, won't you come out tonight,
come out tonight, come out tonight.

Buffalo Tobina, won't you come out tonight,
aaaaaaaannnnnnd, dance by the light of the moon.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Teresa

For the Love of the Lord!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

CLAP   CLAP   CLAP   RUDY---RUDY---RUDY

MOOOOOOORRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk