Good Nite All

Started by flo, June 25, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

Yes, Myrna, I understand about the slowing down.  i still have the same desire to get things done but certainly do not get everything done I plan.  Maybe I need to re-plan.  I think back to when my kids were young and how busy I was and everything I did.  I get tired thinking about it.  That must be why we are still putting in windows and still working on the floors.  More time in between work than work. We'll either get it done or won't!  Seems like I get so many more interruptions now.

Teresa & Kjell, Glad you are getting settled in your new home.  Sounds like you have well.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Jo McDonald

It is time for this one to go to bed --- I know it is early for some, but today has been a doozy.  Years past I could work from the time I got up until the wee hours of the morning -- but, I'm telling you the truth...NOT ANY MORE !! My 12 to 14 hour days are in the past.
I did have fun though -- I worked in the gatehouse booth and I just love it !!  I love to meet new people and seems that everyone that comes through and stops at my window, have a smile on their face, and are happy to just be out and about.  The time speeds by and I get to laugh and visit, and it really doesn't get much better than that.  The rangers that work out here are so very nice and helpful to all the campers and "lookers", so what I am saying is --- Working as a Camphost here at the Elk City State Park has been a pleasure this summer. 
  Guess i will sneak off to bed..early ?? Maybe, but we have to be at our sweet Teresa and Kjell's home at 8 in the morning, and will be enjoying our massages, that she has so graciously awarded us. It is raining right now, so that is my nite nite sounds  Wishing you all a pleasant night of restful sleep.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

Wow, I haven't been on e-mail since Wednesday at 4:00 pm.  It took me all day to catch up on my work e-mail, and then another hour or more to catch up on all the forum chats!  Battling a fall cold, too, which doesn't make things easier.  Glad to hear everyone is doing well with all the crazy weather across the US!  Now, back to my Dancing With the Stars show!  (Marie Osmond fainted during her dance, but she's OK.)

Bonnie M.

(Marie Osmond fainted during her dance, but she's OK.)

How embarrassing!  Due to the coverage of the San Diego County fires, we won't be getting to watch "Dancing" tonight.

Our winds continue to howl and homes continue to burn, but we haven't been ordered to leave our home yet, so we're "sitting tight."
Bonnie

Wilma

Just be safe, Bonnie.  There is nothing more precious than your life.

Bonnie M.

It's Tuesday morning.   The fires are still "roaring."   We are fine this morning, the fires we were seeing east of us got "contained," and we're thankful for that.   Cathy called about 6:30 this morning and they've had the emergency call to evacuate, due to a big fire over by the Harrah's Cassino.   We can see the black smoke east of us, coming from that fire.  There are still a lot of evacuations going   on.   The wind just howled off and on all night here.   Matt Laur is in Rancho Bernardo for the Today Show.  There have already been 154,000 acres burned in this one fire that is affecting our area the most, over a thousand homes/structures burned, and I don't know if they even have any idea of a % of being contained.  Last night it was zero.  Our humidity remains at about 5%.  We're now being encouraged to conserve not only water, but electricity, as so many of the lines are down.  They're declaring a "transmission emergency."  We're fortunate to still have our electricity on, as there are thousands of homes w/o electricity.  We haven't been out and about at all, and probably won't be, as the air quality is to bad.  We're not to use our cell phones either, only for emergency use, as the towers are so overloaded.

Cathy's got here, they each drove a car here and now they're going back for their third car, and more things they thought about on the way to town.  Their nice old dog, Dixie, is in our garage.  She's hardly ever been "to town," so I can't tell if she's excited, or not.  But, she's a good "girl."
Bonnie

Tobina+1

Well, I think the reason Marie Osmond fainted was because they had all the a/c turned off in the building because of the smoke?  Would that be right; is it filmed in an area that is affected by the smoke and fires?

I didn't actually see the faint; I finally pried the remote away from my hubby right when they were going to commercial break after she fainted (she was the first dancer).  I've never been a fan of reality-type shows, but this one is GOOD.  The only thing I hate is that America can vote for their favorites and sometimes knocks a lot of decent dancers out early because they don't have enough fan-base.  Wayne Newton held on for 3 weeks; his dancing scores were always the LOWEST, but because he has a lot of fans, the votes pulled him through.  I'm pulling for Jane Seymore (Dr. Quinn medicine woman) and Jennie Garth (from 90210).  But of course, I don't actually VOTE.   ;D

Roma Jean Turner

I'm so glad you are keeping us updated.  I finally had a break to check the site and was so relieved to see that you are
still on line.  No news, is not good news while we wait to hear from you.

Rudy Taylor

Can't wait to see your new home, Kjell and Teresa.  You're both very deserving of this.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Jo McDonald

Well it is Thursday night and I am back on line.  We arrived here at Portobelo RV park in Aransas Pass, TX at 3:50 PM and it was so good to see everyone again.  We had quite a time getting set up --- so many people stopped by and welcomed us back "home".  The temp was 83 when we arrived.  This is the first time ever that we took our time coming down -- we went to Columbus KS and had some work done on our RV, and I just want to say, that K & K Camper Sales in Columbus is by far the best place to buy - sell or trade RVs, and those young men REALLY know their stuff.  They can fix any and all problems that you might have and do it quickly and are so very nice to deal with.  The owners  The Kirks' are super nice people.  Anyway, they had us ready to roll at 11:30 AM so we decided to just take off and get somewhere down the highway.  We went down the east side of Oklahoma, through the beautiful mountains - I was amazed at the beauty and size of them.  Gave our diesel truck a work out, but had no problem at all and we decided just outside of Sallisaw that maybe we needed to find a RV park to stay the night -- I got our our Trailer Life directory and  found a number for the Brushy Lake State Park -- I called and they said we could have our choice of all the parking spaces, as there was no one there at all.  We went up hill and down hill and got there and that is the most beautiful clear blue lake that we have seen for a long time.  Had a super camp site --- took a long walk, I cooked supper - watched a little TV and had a wonderful restful night.  Awakened and found there were others that chose to stay the night.  Left there and drove as far as Palestine, TX  Repeated the steps that were used the night before, with the exception that for about 90 miles THERE ARE NO CAMPGROUNDS on Highway 19.  Finally got down to Palestine  and there was ONE.  I  called and got a site  and met a wonderful couple from Indiana   Had a cocktail with them and visited for a while before we all went in to eat.  We all left this morning about the same time -- they just a while before us  and down the road about 2 hours later, we came up behind them -- we passed them, with all four of us waving like we had known one another for ever...then we didn't see them any more until we pulled off at a roadside park at LaGrange, TX  and we were sitting in our RV eating lunch and they passed by --- honking and waving.  They were on their way to spend the winter down at Brownsville, TX and we stopped here.  The world is full of wonderful people.  When we pulled into our site, we were pleasantly surprised that a friend from Lawrence, KS  was here and had mowed and trimmed our lawn.  We are completely set up -- ready to spend the next 5 months with wonderful winter time friends.  It is time for me to go to bed, Fred is already there, he was very tired after driving all this way, and then he does all the outside and I do all the inside.  Oh yes ~~~~We paid big bucks for our diesel --- any where from $3.15 to $3.40 a gallon.  It takes a strong stomach to digest those kind of prices.  I am going to call it a day ~~~~~Nite all  -- sleep well.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk