Good Nite All

Started by flo, June 25, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Nitey nite, all.  It has been real pleasant trying to keep up with your postings but I see that Denver is ahead by 4 points with 3 minutes left to play.  Gotta go now.

Janet Harrington

Mother, you and your sports.  What is a daughter to do?

kdfrawg

Just say, "Why, certainly, Mother" and go back to doing whatever you were doing. That's what I always did when my mother was really into the football season.

;D

Rudy Taylor

Naw, I think Ta Ta's mama focuses on sports so she can clear her mind
of that wayward daughter in Howard, America.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Janet Harrington

Mother always said that I was a stubborn person.  Maybe like my dad.  Maybe like my mother.  I get more stubborn as I get older.  Wayward is right.  I never marched to the beat of the same drummer as everyone else.

kdfrawg

Janet, you're in good company.

I could never ever hear the drummer.

;D

flo

better call an end to this great day.  Gotta be at the school at 7:55 A.M. bright eyed and bushy tailed.  Have really enjoyed almost half of my new book today.  AND found time to do some laundry, (automatic) wash some dishes (automatic) and cook Marvin a bite to eat (old fashioned way) Good Nite All and aoyp :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

emptynest

Hope you have a great day tomorrow, Flo, and they're not too rough on you out there at that high school.  We grade school teachers (I'm not sure of the other staff) are meeting all day at Moline Elementary.  I spent the entire day today in my classroom up at Severy (my home for the past 26 years).  Pulling out all my "stuff" is like meeting with an old friend.  All my little collections have served me well after all these years.  So many little hands and minds have used the dog-eared a-b-c's and touched the good old readers that I can't bring myself to give up.   I still have a way to go on my classroom, because I try to make it look a little different each year (as much for my own sanity as I do for my new students).  I ususally find one new thing each summer that is my motivational item/or idea that gets me excited or in the mood for a new year.  This year it's something I have made from PVC pipe all on my own for my students to read and hear themselves at the same time.  It's the coolest thing---I saw them at a National Teacher's Convention and decided I wasn't going to spend $2.95 a piece for them when I could make 18 of them myself.  So I got some pipe and some connectors and got out my saw and started my husband's grinder and away I went.  I was right proud of myself when I finished.  I now have phonics phones for each student.  A labor of love.

And you won't believe what I did with little baby sink plungers.  THey suck to the student's desks and those pool noodles that you can get in all colors with holes in them?  Well, I used an electric knife on those and sliced up pool noodles into rings and slid them right onto the plunger handles and whaaalaaa! you have a personal abacus for each desk!!!! I am so excited to let my students see and use these things---we may have to have an activity the first day!!!!

Enough already........I better get to bed--tomorrow we learn a new computer gradebook called GoEdu and it could be mind-boggling.  Sitting all day for 8 hours after getting to spend every day out in the sun poolside----a little hard to get used to. 

Good night and God Bless.                         Mrs. Susan Galvan
                                                             1st Grade Teacher
                                                             Severy Elementary
                                                             (pool manager - on -hold til next year)

patyrn

Those "phonics phones" are so neat--I've used them in the classroom, and it is a real confidence booster.  Keeps the classroom quieter too!  These are the days when I miss getting ready for a new group of students.  However,  I don't miss all the extras that teachers are required to be responsible for and all the paperwork and testing and inservice that take so much precious time away from actually teaching the kids.   

Have a great year!!!!  1st grade teachers are a special gift from God!  What an important year for those little people who are so eager to soak up all you have to offer!  Good Luck!

Diane Amberg

Have a wonderful time all you teachers! I don't miss the stupid bureaucracy and time wasters, but I do miss the kids. :-* :-* :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk