Good Nite All

Started by flo, June 25, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

His fiance' is really nice and I bet she wishes that those young men would never find where she and Corey live.  LOL

Rudy Taylor

Attention Lawrence fans: Just don't let Johnson County take you over.  Next thing you
know the fat cats will be wanting to build a big, new basketball arena out on Highway 10
to replace Allen Field House.  And, that would be sinful.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

Lawrence has more Johnson County jokes than Johnson county has yuppies. We just figure they live way to close to Missouri.

;D

( no offense intended. forum Show-Me-Staters )

W. Gray

Missouri might be a villain of sorts to Kansans.

Missouri is the only state in the union to change its boundaries after being admitted to the Union. 3,100 square miles were added and it was not the boot heel.

William Allen White always liked to say that Kansas was a big parallelogram with part of the northeast nibbled off.

That nibbled part is what Missouri took from Kanzas.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Ole Granny

We patronized the Joe College shop yesterday.  Some of the t-shirts had some words for KSU and Missouri.  I will not repeat them.  Some pretty bad.  Did notice Joe College definitely says they have no affiliation with KU.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

emptynest

I have been in that shop on Mass street, too.  And yes,  there are some pretty "not so nice" words about K-State and Missouri----they mince no words.  Some are quite funny.   No affiliation with KU but several KU students and others buy out certain shirts.........Been known to buy a couple myself  to give as gifts.  (Not the naughty ones)

kdfrawg

If you have seen Mark Mangino, you will appreciate my daighter's latest KU tee shirt. On the back, it says "KU Football." On the front, it says "Our Coach Can Eat Your coach."

emptynest

Yes, that is funny and I get it.

The one I saw that is a play on words was, "Why play with Roy when we can play with our Self?"

kdfrawg

Yikes, emptynest, I live in Lawrence and I haven't seen the "Self" one. LOL!

emptynest

Well  I saw that t-shirt there in Lawrence and I have since seen someone in Howard wearing it.  So it's out there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk