Photo to Represent Howard

Started by kdfrawg, June 19, 2007, 10:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

Oh, my goodness, that's an outstanding photo and right onto the Moline page it will go. I'll try to get the page done tonight and I'll post a link.

Thanks!

kdfrawg

I decided not to wait until later.   ;D  I built the page on Moline and it is up at:

http://www.genuinekansas.com/city_moline_kansas.htm

If you hover your mouse cursor over the picture of the bridge, you should see the words "Photo by kfclark of the Elk County Forum."

Janet Harrington

I'm a little confused.  I think you said something about using the courthouse picture for the Howard page.  You should use the courthouse for the Elk County page.  Then find someone else for the Howard page.  Did I get that completely confused?

kdfrawg

Nope, Janet, I think you have that right and that at least you and I are in agreement. It does make more sense to use the Elk County Courthouse for the Elk County page (it is a really good photo, after all) and use something else for the Howard page. Maybe the Moline page jumping in there was a little confusing, but that worked out pretty well, I think, in the end. I still sort of like the idea about a photo of the park (especially if it has frolicking people, well frolicking legally and in good taste, of course, like dancing around the maypole, tra la) for the Howard page, but I'm surely willing to abide by whatever people think is best.

;D

kdfrawg

Now Janet's photo of the Elk County Courthouse is the photo on the Elk County page at:

http://www.genuinekansas.com/county_elk_county_kansas.htm

and if you hover the mouse cursor over the photo you should be able to see Janet's name as photographer.

;D

Dee Gee

How about one of the pictures of K. T. Oil Gas Station that is posted in the Coffee Shop forum under article of Pictures of Howard?  I think it represents the small city of Howard very well.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Jo McDonald

Frawg --- beautiful pictures taken by our Local Talent and terrific web pages by you.  Thanks  -- very enjoyable and ipresented well. 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

One of the intersections such as Wabash and Randolph that shows the banks and Batson's or Wabash and Washington that shows the Cox building, etc. might be appropriate.  I don't know if such photos exist but with the photographers we have here in town, I will bet one could be taken.

Jo McDonald

The swimming pool full of happy people would also be nice....I think.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

There are a lot of good things in Howard.  Could more than one photo be used?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk