Photo to Represent Howard

Started by kdfrawg, June 19, 2007, 10:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

You know, I was doing some work on the Website tonight and noticed that the photo I have on the Howard page is of the Elk County Courthouse, which is actually someplace else. That doesn't seem quite right.

Maybe you all could suggest some pictures for the photo on that page. If there are a bunch of ideas, maybe we could use the forum polling option to vote on them. Maybe we could have a picture of the swimming pool, or an overall shot of downtown, or the water tower, or whatever you think.

If anybody has a good idea for a photo to represent Howard, maybe they could just load them into this topic so we can see them.

Mom70x7

Did you change the picture already, because I don't see the courthouse on the Howard page.

And . . . the Elk County Courthouse is smack dab in the middle of Howard, just a block east of downtown. It's very much a part of Howard.

So, I'm confused!  ???

kdfrawg

Oh, no, Mom70x7, it is almost certainly me that is confused. The caption on the photo that I used says that it is the Elk County Courthouse in Howard. However, when I go back and look at the large version of that photo, it has a sign on the front of the building that is a hotel. So I am not all that sure I understand, either. Here is the larger version of the photo:

The page that used to accompany it is now missing. Is there a hotel that looks like that in Howard? Or maybe it was there and it is now gone? Either way, it is not a fitting photo to represent the folks I've met on this forum. Something both newer and livelier is in order!

Janet Harrington

This was the Metropolitan Hotel that is gone and the 1st National Bank sits on that property along with Signer's Garage.

Wilma

OK, frawgie, in the Good Ole Days, on page 15, under Elk County Courthouse, there is a recent picture of the Elk County Courthouse, taken by Janet several years ago.  That might be what you want and I think the courthouse would be representative of Elk County.  Hope this helps.

kdfrawg

Ah, okay. I'll let the university people (where the photo came from) know what the caption should be. That should be helpful.

Okay, we have one nomination for the Elk County Courthouse to be used for the Howard photo. Then again, what am I going to use for the Elk County photo?

;D

Joanna

You may want to wait till Terrell & Lynn's wedding/party ~ there's bound to be some interesting pictures from that!  ;)
I think a picture of the park down here on West Randolph would be really pretty (for the Howard city page), but it would look better with some folks enjoying a family gathering ~ if I'd thought of it at the time, there was a troop of boyscouts having a lunch stop there last weekend on their way to Scout Camp ~ it really looked cool. 
I'm not much of a photographer, at my Mom's famiy reunion a couple weeks ago, I took 2 pictures with everyone's heads cut off ~ and it was a digital camera!  But if I manage any Howard or Elk County "scenes" that look good, I'll post them here for you all to look at.

kdfrawg

The park photo sounds like it would be a really excellent one, especially (as you say) if there were people frolicking (you don't get to use that word every day) when the photo was taken. That was a good idea, Joanna!

;D

kfclark

OK so I may be jumping the gun here, but how about this one to represent Moline.
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Jo McDonald

That is Moline for sure --- awesome picture !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk