The Possibly Purloined Posts

Started by kdfrawg, June 17, 2007, 11:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

Would anyone (or maybe everyone?) be offended were I to copy some of these priceless articles and post them on my GenuineKansas Website sometimes. Just the article parts, I mean. Honestly, some of them are just too precious for words, others are hilarious, and some just strike exactly the right note. I would, of course, give the poster credit for the section of the page containing the story.

ddurbin

What exactly did you have in mind?  The majority of things I have posted here are taken directly from old newspapers and I would have no problem with them being repeated on another site.  Same goes for any of the obits and wedding/anniversity articles I've posted.  Regarding any "original" material from forum members, I feel that would need to be agreed upon with them on a case by case basis. 
What do some of you others think?

Wilma

Dan, I agree with you, the originators of the original posts should be contacted but the general knowledge posts should be all right to be passed on.  I also think that frawgie should go ahead and give it a try.

Teresa

Not a problem.. we obviously found them from a source and put them on here, so I would say that it is an open book source.
Besides, it is a nice compliment to our site.. that we have things good enough that someone else would want to use them.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

Oh, I was only talking about the clips from old newspapers. I would never publish anyone's original material of any kind without permission. But the pieces from newspapers are often truly history in a personal and friendly form, and what GenuineKansas is aimed at is Kansas history. I think people are surprised about the amount of history we have in Kansas. It is my intention to make sure they stay surprised.

;D

kfclark

If I did not want the world to see it I would not post it here.  You can use anything I've posted without reservation.  KFC
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Janet Harrington

I agree with KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken).  If I wanted things to be private, I would not post them on the forum.  Use anything you like from things I have posted.  I have no problem at all with that.  Spread the word about how wonderful I write.  Yessire, Mom70X7, you have encouraged a monster.  ha ha

kdfrawg

Now I'm thinking about a way to use them. All of the pages on GenuineKansas are categorized so that you can search by category via a little database that I built. But as much as I like these, they don't really fit into any of the categories.

There is an advantage, though,  to being chief cook and bottle washer. I think I'll invent another category. And I believe that I will call it Kansas Tidbits.

;D

Jo McDonald

How about  "Over The Back Fence"
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kdfrawg

Oops, I built a template and a sample page before I saw your post, Jo! Well, the name needs to be something short for the database, but I like yours, too!

The page I built can be seen at:

http://www.genuinekansas.com/tidbit_the_elk_county_sheriff_1890_kansas.htm

Is something like this okay with everybody?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk