You Have a Great Site!

Started by kdfrawg, June 13, 2007, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

I was doing research for my Kansas Website this morning when I came across your community site. I have rarely seen such an active and enlightening community site in the entire state of Kansas. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see your site flourishing.

I joined just so I could tell you all that. I have placed a link to your site on the draft Howard page on my site. It occurrs to me that you may not necessarily want that. The page is at:

http://www.genuinekansas.com/gk/city_howard_kansas.htm

If you would like me to remove the link to your site, please contact me at kdfrawg AT genuinekansas.com.

Again, I love your site and forum and wish you every success in the world.

Janet Harrington

Thank you so much.  We really like our site and it has almost become addicting.  I do not have a problem with you making us a link on your site.  I don't know what the owners will say, but I think they will say yes.

By putting us as a link on your site we will have more people looking at us and joining us, so my vote is yes, do it.

Mom70x7

I agree - link away. As for the the double posts, our terrific owners will take care of that.  ;)

But, Janet - why post under "great" instead of "wonderful" ?   ???

And, kdfrawg, you have a pretty good site yourself. I took a look at it - and had some fun reading. Well done!

So, Teresa, if you want us to vote on whether or not to keep the link - I vote yes!  :)

Wilma

Thank you, kdfrawg.  If you have been reading this site, you know who to thank for it.  Kjell and Teresa keep us in line, but I for one really enjoy the fun.  Besides it is informational.  And welcome as a new member, altho I will also start a welcome thread for you if no one beats me to it.

Teresa

Awesome..and thanks for adding the link. I appreciate it.
The more the merrier, I always say.
Maybe someone that lives in a big city will join us and be able to grab a taste of small town living through us.

And who knows, we all might make some new friends..
( And some of us.. like Ta Ta.. really need it.

Ohhh jjeeese... there I go again.. being a 'not so nice girl' to my Ta Ta..
I'm soooory..A-GAIN!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I want everyone to know that I did not give that smiley face a black eye just because of what Ms. T said.  I want her to know that I have friends.  Her, as a matter of fact.  ha ha

Mom70x7

QuoteAnd who knows, we all might make some new friends..
( And some of us.. like Ta Ta.. really need it.)

Oh, oh - be very nice to Janet. She starts work next week and we do NOT want her to make new friends there.  :laugh:

Well, maybe, some new friends, but only from the right side of the bars.  :D   :D   :D

kdfrawg

Thank you all for being so hospitable. That is just an example of what I mean about this site and its members. And heck, Teresa, it seems to me like all of you are doing pretty much everything right. This is just an outstanding example of what forum software is supposed to be all about.

I have to admit to a lot of the big city part, though. I was born in Omaha, but spent most of my life in the San Francisco Bay area, as close to the ocean as I could get. I'll have to admit, though,  that the best place I lived there was a town called Moss Beach, which at the time had 229 residents, despite being just 20 miles from downtown San Francisco.

Finally, though, the raw quantity of people around me start to weigh heavily. I finally started working my way back to the Midwest about 1990, via Las Vegas and Austin, ending up in Lenexa in Johnson County. I discovered fairly quickly that I was not a Johnson County kind of guy, and have been living happily in Lawrence since 1999.

Teresa

Well kdfrawg..
If you could ..or would... just take what you wrote here..add a bit more to it.... and post it on the Roll Call thread we would all be oh sooooo grateful!

((Remember... I am the professional nagger,

and I don't let up, soooooooooooooooo...
better save your ears from listening to me and let us know  more about you...
Plleeeaseeeee??

I mean , how can I start giving you hell about things and having to apologise , if I don't know anything about you?
huh? ..

;D ;D

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

Well, Teresa, all I can say is that you're right! I can certainly see the logic behind that.

So I did as I was told, even before I saw this, and wrote up a post for the Roll Call Thread. It is there now, in all of its radiant glory. Well that's going a little too far, I just got carried away.

:-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk