Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 20, 2009, 09:20:14 AM
Oct.1989.

Diane and Tobina my guess was also, that you were talking about the Loma Prieta Quake (World Series Quake) in San Francisco in 1989. Though depending on what Tobina considers to be little or young ( I forgot her wording); it could of also been the Northridge Quake in LA which was in 93 or 94  off the top of my head. From 89 to around 94\95 California experienced  a "cluster" of the largest most devastating quakes since the infamous and much larger San Francisco quake of 1906. At the time I lived in Los Angeles..  Due to bad timing I was able to be present for the '89 Lom  Prieta quake in San Francisco, and the quakes in LA known as the Lander's quake, the Big Bear quake, and the Northridge quake. Loma Prieta and Northridge were big very bad quakes for vast area of California. In fact we are still repairing damage after 21 years here in SF. These recent quakes were many magnitudes smaller. We appreciate everyones concern. Larry explained things very well. I still am more afraid of the tornadoes I grew up with in Kansas than earthquakes. Actually fire has been an even more traumatic experience in my life and more devastating. Now for my east coast forum friends I don't have any idea how you all live with hurricanes.

David

Diane Amberg

Yes, the one that was televised at Candlestick Park (?) was the one I meant. It brought the elevated roads pancaking down on each other and trapped all those people. Didn't it cut off Oakland too? I was watching from the fire service point of view and hoping my friends out there at the time had survived.They all did. Thanks for keeping me straight.
    We live with hurricanes because we have time to get out, if people will just listen. Actually we are pretty well protected here in DE because of the way Wilmington NC at Wrightsville Beach and Cape Hatteras to their north jut out. We took a bad hit during Hazel, but Carol, Diane, Donna, Agnes, Gloria, and many others were just bad storms with a LOT of rain by the time they got here.

W. Gray

Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Park
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

dnalexander

Quote from: W. Gray on May 20, 2009, 07:27:22 PM
Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Park

The world series was at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. The Coliseum is in Oakland. The part of the double deck freeway that collapsed was on the Oakland side of the Bay bridge. The buildings that collapsed were in the San Francisco Marina District that was built on fill and sunken ships from the Gold Rush days of San Francisco.

David

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

I guess I can say it's a good morning!  ;D
I have got myself in a stew already over the politics and news.. so guess I will leave the computer and go out and tackle the weed eating and the weeding of my flower beds. Nothing does my soul better than grabbing and pulling weeds to get my frustrations out. LOL
Have a HUGE week of obligations and work ahead of me.. so better enjoy my leisure time today while I can.
Have a great weekend everyone...
And as Arnie says".
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

From my east window this morning.  Good morning, everybody.

Wilma

This one was supposed to come, too.

Teresa

Good morning..
We are so blessed with 70 degree weather for the next couple days.. Unbelievable for this time of year.
Love it!

I'm leaving in 15 minutes and  off for 2 days with my Posse Girlfriends..We haven't been together in over 3 years... I can't wait!!;D

(  Don't burn the place down while I'm gone.)

Ya Ya Sisterhood!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

Sometime during the night, my wife put a quilt on the bed.

We woke up to the mid 40s and at 10:30 it is 55.

The radio says it is snowing in the high country.

Al Gore has been notified.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk