Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Many prayers for little Charity. The photos are very reassuring. She looks good. Prayers also for Tony Cox, a Topeka firefighter who died at a fire yesterday evening. I don't have all the details yet. It has been many, many years since Topeka lost any one.

Janet Harrington

I had no idea that Topeka had lost a firefighter.  How tragic.  Prayers to him, his family, and his fellow firemen.

Diane Amberg

I got just a bit more. Fire Capt. Tony P. Cox died at an Apt. fire @1800 yesterday evening. He was 44 and had been with Topeka for 21 years. Apparently they had to rescue a number of civilians from the building. They haven't released yet whether his death was medical or traumatic as of my last up date.  Very sad.

Janet Harrington

CHARITY IS COMING HOME

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

SHE'S COMING HOME!!!
Current mood:  excited

GOT THE CALL THIS MORNING! TOMORROW STEVE AND I HEAD OUT TO WICHITA FOR OUR LAST TRIP. WE WILL BE STAYING IN THE FAMILY CARE UNIT OF THE HOSPITAL. WE WILL BE THERE FOR 1-3 DAYS. THE DR WANTS TO MAKE SURE SHE WILL CONTINUE TO GAIN WEIGHT. SO, IF SHE GAINS WEIGHT THE FIRST NIGHT AND WE FEEL READY TO BRING HER HOME, AS IF THERE IS EVEN A QUESTION ABOUT THAT, WE WILL BE HOME FRIDAY AFTERNOON. IF NOT WE SHOULD BE HOME BY SATURDAY AFTERNOON!

MY BABY IS COMING HOME!!!

Diane Amberg

That is fantastic news. I'm so happy for all of you. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

emptynest

Congratulations! What an answered prayer and blessing.  May your days with her be full of love and joy, faith and hope.

Rudy Taylor

Yeah Charity!!!!

And thank you, Janet, for keeping everyone informed and asking for prayers.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

flo

Well, good morning to one and all - beautiful day even if it is hot.  Been to the dr. so he could look in my ears, up my nose and down my throat and tell me I'm healthy enough to work at the school.  Now, I really don't have time to sit here and chat, cause I have this new book I'm dying to get started reading.  Think some of you may have heard of it.  The title is LIGHT ON MAIN STREET by Rudy Taylor.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Diane Amberg

Did you have to have a TB test?  Enjoy the book! 

flo

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 16, 2007, 11:33:04 AM
Did you have to have a TB test?  Enjoy the book! 

yep - I'm TB free (disease that is.  I do seem to have a touch of "tired butt", tho.) Had the TB test last week, just went to the health office for it.  Cheaper and QUICKER to get in.

This book could be addicting - made myself put a bookmark in and get something else done.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk