Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clubine Ranch

Totally too cool. Thank you so much for sharing. It will make it more personal knowing a little background information. Yes, it is history. This is our country and may God continue to bless it and guide us. Very troubled times but we will get through it. Barbara

Rudy Taylor

That's so great, Diane! What an exciting and historic event to enjoy, whether at home or in person.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

sixdogsmom

Diane you are a lucky pup! I think I will be a mouse and hide in your pocket to watch the fun! Enjoy!  :D :D
Edie

Jo McDonald

Well, of course we Republicans are interested -- after all, we are Americans, you know.

How exciting for all of you and sorry that you and Al didn't feel like you would be up to it, and just reading it all, wore me out.  lol

Enjoy !!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Roma Jean Turner

It's great to know someone who is going to be able to see some of it in person.  I'm like Jo, whatever the affiliation, it is history and I am always excited and hopeful when it is all said and done.  It will definitely take some real dedication and major stamina to go to DC in the cold, barely a restroom to be had, and no supplies to carry.  I leave that for the much younger.

Diane Amberg

Me too. Our people will have put in a 12 hour day even before the parade starts. Security will be overwhelming. They are going to close all the bridges into DC very early and if you miss your slot to get through....oh well. The coordinators are planning on 300,000 street spectators along the parade route, knowing there  may be even more than that. I'm pleased to hear you all are interested. A few have been so negative for the past few months, I didn't know what to think.

Judy Harder

Diane,

Just remember we all like to "Blow and go" and that altho we are vocal...........we still "Pledge Alligance" and will all fight to the end to make sure we stay FREE.

We are different and still able to celebrate with the world the important step that is taking place this coming week.

I for one, will be glued to my tv and will probably shed a tear or two because I lived to see OUR NATION....choose to elect a black man and pray that he will be able to lead us and convince us that he deserves to be in the White House.

I for one am proud to be an American and altho we all are going to be going through tough times..........we will get through it and most likely come out in better shape than when the "Manure Hit the Fan" and I will keep praying that is so.

God bless

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

greatguns

Diane I'm so happy for you.  What a thrill and a chance of a lifetime.  Hope you have a wonderful day and all goes well.

W. Gray

Does anyone remember the cowpoke from southwest Kansas who rode a buffalo in Kennedy's inaugural parade?

The buffalo was saddled, had reins, etc., and appeared to be pretty well trained.

Diane, now there is a thought if you are weary or lacking stamina.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

sixdogsmom

Waldo, I saw that guy in 1961 at the fourth of July parade in Wichita. That parade commemorated Kansas achieving statehood, a huge turnout. I still have the little pioneer dress I had made for my daughter to wear. She looked so cute and got a lot of attention not to mention a full candy sack!  :D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk