Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

You may have been sitting astride a bareback pinto pony - with a headband of beads and feathers, and bow and arrow across your back.

I truly love thinking along those story lines -- and believe I was there in a past lifetime.

You don't suppose that is the reason I like to wear make-up, do you ?????   And riding bareback was my favorite way to ride horses.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kdfrawg

Well, Jo, it may be that you are right. Because of all the water in this area, there were a lot of Native Americans in this area long before we Europeans got here. That would go back even further into history than my original thought, of course, and I would like to think that there wasn't even a trail through here at that time. Maybe there was just an easier way through that a talented woodsman could just pick out from a distance and travel through without leaving a mark.

Janet Harrington

My day started at 4:50 a.m., getting up with an aching right shoulder blade.  Don't know why it hurts so bad.  However; since I drove my sisters to Wichita on Friday, then drove all day on Saturday, then have sat in a classroom for three days now, no wonder things hurt.

Today was just like yesterday.  I sat in a classroom for 8 hours.  1/2 hour for lunch, so I hurried into El Dorado to fill my gas tank and get lunch.  I ate lunch in the classroom.

I got gas in El Dorado because yesterday it was $2.78.  Today when I went to get the gas it was $2.89.  What a pain in the butt.

Tomorrow the warden, Ray Roberts, will come and talk to the class for one hour.  Then it is another 7 more hours of class. 

I do know that next week I will not be in class, but right now I don't know where I will be.  Will keep you posted.

Janet Harrington

Update on Charity Dubeau, the preemie baby from Fredonia, Kansas.

Apparently, Charity got the vent taken out yesterday or today.  Here is a new picture.

kdfrawg

All right! That is definitely good news. I'll bet the parents are thrilled. That's a big day in the life of a premature baby.

On a slightly different subject, am I missing a button somewhere that lets one post a thumbnail picture that is happy to make itself bigger? I know how to do it on a Web page, of course, and I have a couple of forums that I manage that do it automatically, but how do you do it here? Is it some extra code in the photo link? Or can you just do that automagically with "Attach" under "Additional Options?"

:-[

Janet Harrington

You do it under the additional options that will let you attach.  However; they can't be more than 128kb, I believe.  I try to make the width of the picture 450 pixels just like webmasters Kjell and Teresa told me to and they fit pretty well.

The pictures of the baby are ones I took from myspace.com from the mother's web site and just posted them without changing the pixels.

kdfrawg

< nod, nod >

Thank you, Janet.

I have been copying my photos up to one of my hosting account servers, then linking to the URL directly. This will save me a lot of work. It will cost Kjell and Teresa some storage space, though. I keep all of the decent full-size digital photos on my hard drive, but the ones that we are going to share I cut down to about 640 x 480 and put in a subdirectory, which is what I am using here. I also have the good ones in a Coppermine photo gallery on line, mainly for safekeeping. You can't have too many copies of your photographs. I think I have about 1300 up there now.

Roma Jean Turner

What is the Coppermine Photo Gallery?  I have a collection of Post Card photos and old photos, a lot of them of people from Elk Co that I want to store someplace on line. Haven't made a final decision. 

kdfrawg

I looked around for a long time for a really good free package. Coppermine, I need to say first, requires that you have a Web server to put it on. It is a php open-source photo gallery with a lot of bells and whistles and not many problems. It just seems to work. I have set mine up with passwords and give all of my family members, etc., accounts on it. It also has the advantage of providing off-site backup.

I never did find any thing that good to run on a local PC. I used B-Gallery for a while, but it got really slow as the number of photos grew. As I went over 800 or so it really slowed down, and a about 1100 it just exploded. There are about a million album programs out there, but they all seem to cost a lot of money and not do a heck of a lot. My mother-in-law just got a new digital camera, and it came with a program that does some editing and has a lot of gallery features.

Have I said anything useful, or am I just blathering on again?

;D

emptynest

This is a message of hope for Baby Charity.  I am praying that God's healing be upon her.  I know it can be, because 25 years ago yesterday (June 19), my premature son was born weighing 2lb. 3 1/2 oz.  He lost down to 1 lb. 12 ounces and at 3 weeks of age-we almost lost him.  He was even given his last rites, because the only thing keeping him alive were machines.  I am praying that the parents never give up hope.  My baby, Corey, stayed in ICU for 2 months, and still I brought him home before his due date which was the end of September at 4 lbs. 5 oz.      If you could only see him today..........

Have faith, mom and dad.  And pray.....without ceasing......Miracles still do happen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk