Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I just knew Rudy would come back on that!!!!  I could have bet money on it and won.  Rudy, go make speeches or something to stay out of trouble. ;)

Rudy Taylor

Teresa, I tried that medication once and it made my nose twitch.

Maybe I didn't read the directions.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

As I write this there is a plumber under the kitchen sink trying to fix a persistent leak that appeared in the cold water side of the sink's copper pipe AFTER we got the cook top and sink put back together. Al finally gave up. He is very handy and can do most anything, but this really confounded him. The young plumber couldn't find anything wrong at first, gave things a couple of turns and was about to leave when the leak started again. Now I can hear cutting and soldering going on so the bill just went up, but Al will feel vindicated. The new counter top looks wonderful, but the limestone back splash will be delayed another two weeks. Some how I'm not surprised. We'll continue to camp out in our kitchen a bit longer. :P

Teresa

Why didn't you all use plastic pipe?  I don't know many that still use copper.
Owned and operated a hardware store for most of my adult life and copper for plumbing went out of use quite a long time ago,

Just wondering..  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Teresa, this house was built in 1962 and still has all copper. It was going to be easier to just solder in one little piece and a new shut off valve. If we ever start getting pin hole leaks we will use plastic as we did in our last house, long before we moved here.  Al did all my outdoor yard hydrants on plastic pipe and it does work great.

Teresa

Oh I see.  Yea, to replace all of the copper in a house would be a bit time consuming and costly if you didn't do it yourself.
Plastic is cussed by a lot of people ..but not when it comes to water pipes. The thing people get mixed up on is cold water is pvc.. and hot has to be cpvc...

Hope they got it fixed.. copper is  bugger when it starts to go bad.

Bonnie M.

This should be in the "help those who can't figure it out" category!  But, I'll post it on here.  I have a recent picture of myself, which I should use as my "profile picture," or whatever it's called, as my hair is no longer the color it was in the picture as you now see it, and it does make quite a difference in my appearance, I'm pretty sure of that!  I tried to figure out how to use the recent picture, and, of course, I can't!  So, Teresa, you're probably the one who can tell your Mother's old friend how to change the picture?

Thanks.
Bonnie

Teresa

It has to be resized to 100 pixels . The you save it to a file that you can remember ( Like in my pictures or something) Then go into your profile and go to the left side to "profile information"  Then on your profile page go down to where it says : I will upload my own picture. click on :Go to browse.
Then find your picture in the file you saved it in and click it on.. and BINGO!
You now have gray hair.. LOL LOL LOL

If you don't want to mess with it, just send it to me Bonnie and I will be glad to put in on for you.
Won't take me but a jiffy..  :-* Just send the picture as is and I will resize etc for you..  :)

Bonnie M.

Thanks, Teresa, I'll send you an e-mail.

Thanks again!
Bonnie

Teresa

Tis done..
as you can see, I picked the one where we could see those wonderful laughing eyes of yours. Just so folks can see the other one, I'll post it here.. It was good too.
You are a very very beautiful woman Bonnie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk