Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

That used to be so funny..and still is. We would always all set around together and watch Hee Haw...
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Bonnie M.

Bonnie

Diane Amberg

Well, no wonder you folks don't remember the party. You ate a few too many of my stuffed magic mushrooms. You all sure smiled a lot.

Joanna

I shorely do love mushrooms!

Bonnie M.

Bonnie

flo

;D I sure do remember the BR-549  and Jr. Samples.  Now THAT was entertainment that the whole family could watch.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

Diane, those mushrooms were sure good! 

Teresa

They were delicious mushrooms. I found a few laying around and me being the redneck I am , I just popped them in my mouth and yummy, they were goooood.
And even though there was a party while I was gone.. no one got thrown in jail... so I guess I have to be grateful; for that..
but ....
ahhhhhhh... Rudy? 
Me thinks you jiggled a bit too much, because there was lacy BVD's hanging on my lampshade when I got home. TskTsk Tsk...
((You should hang your head in shame!))

;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

Junior Samples, the Hee Haw used car salesman.

Calvin Samples, Jr. was born 1926 in Cummings, Georgia.

He was a farmer, a sawmill worker,  carpenter, and one source says a race car driver.

His weight was always just this side of four hundred pounds.

He became famous in 1966 at age 40 when he got into trouble with the state game commission who sent an officer to investigate how he caught a record setting fish.

In reality, he had only found the head and had not caught the fish but claimed to have caught it.

The game officer recorded his testimony and Junior later said it became a story that got out of hand.

The recording proved so funny it was played on a state game commission radio program and drew so much response a recording company contacted him to make a comedy record, which became a hit.

He was on the first Hee Haw show in 1969 and often forgot his lines or did not understand what he was saying. 

He often could not pronounce words on cue cards and had the biggest problem with the word trigonometry.

He was not well educated and the producers had to learn to work with him and not vice versa.

He always wore bib overalls wherever he went.

He never changed except for the fact he used a Lincoln Continental to pull his bass boat.

He died of a heart attack in 1983 at age 57
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Janet Harrington

Hew Haw was a good show.  It still is when one gets a chance to see it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk