Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Joanna, it sounds like a good day to me!  Good luck out there on the highways!

I'm going to try my hand at making peanut brittle today, and I'm also doing several loads of laundry.  Sounds exciting, doesn't it?    We're really kept busy with the activities we're involved with, mostly having to do with Church groups, and I go in a few days a month and work at the Chamber of Commerce office here in Escondido, so I really enjoy a day when I can just sort of "coast."

I hope my peanut brittle is as good as Sally's and Teresa's!  I have an idea that those young ladies do a lot more cooking than I do, and the end result will probably reflect that fact!

Enjoy!
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

You all are cookin' cookin' cookin '  and all I'm doing is thinking about doing some.  lol

I made a new cookie recipe for the Going Away Party last Sunday afternoon,  I was one of the hostess.  Man -- they were good!!
Very rich, but they were a success.  I make peanut brittle, and I use Buck Snodderley's recipe, Fred and I think it is the very best ever.  There is so much humidity here that I really have to have a dry day so it will turn out good.  Also a friend here in Aransas Pass gave me her recipe for pecan pralines -- and word has it that she makes the very best ever --- so keeping my fingers crossed, I hope they will be good too.  
I have to get back to work - it was rather slow this morning, but it can change in a heartbeat.  The temp is 74 degrees right now, a lot better than 32 yesterday morning.  Lot of "sickies" -- all kinds of stuff going around.  We keep popping our vitamins and breathing lots of fresh air.  
 Be good to yourselves and have a happy day.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

Today is laundry day for me. We are having our first snow and it is beautiful. Lots of nickel sized beauties gently falling, no wind. We'll have 3 inches or so by the time it finishes tonight. I counted 8 male cardinals, with their ladies, on my back Magnolia waiting to eat at the bird feeder. Just beautiful. All kinds of birds are flocking in.

patyrn

Would you "peanut brittle makers" post your recipes on the Recipe section?  I'd love to attempt  a "tried and true" recipe, and the microwave one sounds interesting, too.  Thanks for your help!!! 

Diane Amberg

I'll vote for that too!  :-*  Thanks!

Jo McDonald

Have you ever thought what this word stands for? Read on....

Do you know that a simple "hello" can be a sweet one?

The word H E L L O means:

H =How are you?

E = Everything all right?

L = Like to hear from you

L = Love to see you soon!

O =Obviously, You are my friend...

So, HELLO!

It has made me smile every time I say HELLO since then

And yes--- I will post the recipe that we like the best. 

Rudy Taylor

Jo, what a touching little verse.  Thanks for sharing it.

By the way, Kathy and I just returned from eating at the Copan Truck Stop where we shared a piece of
blueberry pie --- quite average in taste.

It made me anxious to receive your Minnesota Blueberry Pie!

Did you send my pie by FedX or UPS?

I'm waiting with bated breath.

Or, having come from the truck stop, maybe that's "bait breath."

Rudy
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Bonnie M.

"Kathy and I just returned from eating at the Copan Truck Stop "

Rudy, the Copan Truck Stop is our favorite place to eat, when we fly into Tulsa, rent a car and drive to Longton.  It is always full of people, which is the best indication of a good restaurant!   :)
Bonnie

Jo McDonald

Rudy......Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm??? Did I promise you a Minnesota Blueberry Pie???? 

Golly - guess I got caught up in the busy holiday season and let it slip my mind.  Sorry ----
If all goes well, MAYBE, just maybe I can get one in the mail to you soon.  Oh dear, I just remembered...the mail man said to me yesterday, Jo, we are not allowed to deliver any of your blueberry pies this season.

Sighhhhhhhhh  sorry, friend Rudy ..."no pie in the sky, or eye. or anywhere else, I guess.

Merry "Pieless" Christmas to you and yours!!!

greatguns

I posted my recipe for peanut brittle.  Sound like some good recipes.  Maybe I should try the others sometime.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk